Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He-man @ Rm3gun

I was wondering what guns/loads would be showing up at the match. I will have my trusty FNFAL in 308 and my good old single stack 45 loaded w/230gr ball and my SX2 scattergun.

Hutch, there is a wealth of info in this forum concerning your question. AR15 variants almost completely dominate 3 gun although there are some freaks that shoot M1As and FALs. And even a fewer really crazy types that shoot AKs and HKs (usually unsuccessfully).

As for He Man class, I will be shooting my FAL with 150 grain Sierra Match Kings (for past 100) and 110 Sierra Varmit bullets (for under 100). As North American Tac 3 Gun, I relied exclusively on 110 grain bullets as the vast majority of shots were close (only 3 targets were at 300 and 3 at 200) and that range has much less wind than Raton. I did not have any trouble with the 300 yard shots in North Carolina but conditions were perfect.

Ideally, I would rely on 125 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips for HeMan at Raton but I'm going to shoot up what I have. 125s kick less than 150s and fly much better than 110s. And they're expensive.

As for the .45, good ole hard ball.

As for shotgun, Federal tactical slugs and probably some 6s or 7 1/2s. Maybe a few buckshot for tough steel.

Kelly:

Don't let my brother know that AKs are non competitive!! So far this year he is beating EVERYBODY in RM3G in limited with his rusty ol AK!!! It also seems to me that SOMEONE??? does pretty well with that Belgian FN and don't count out anyone with a good M1A. See you next week KURT

The old Jimmy Mitchell load using a 125gr speer TNTs works really good in my 30cal FAL, If I can just remember where to hold. I'm planning on shooting the same load for the whole match. It's a lot less confusing than trying to stack my loads.

:) Bring what you got people-The match is looking up and the stages are great-Prizes keep comming in and this will be a fun one-See you all there-And Taylor we won't have a chronograph so we wou't be handing you back a loaded rifle-REMEMBER-Bennie, you better be comming-Kelly, we don't accept checks, just cash-And I have your buddys prize from NC-Later dudes and we will see you at the match-Jimmy-RM3G