Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to stay for IRC

Trying to plan vacation and wanted to know where are good places to stay?

Thanks for your Help

Richard

Richard, Being frugel by nature...okay CHEAP... I stay at the Motel 6 chain. There are a few to choose from. In San Luiz Obispo I stay at the Motel 6 South, close to Marge's Diner. There is one in Atascadero not far from the range. I stayed there a couple of years when they were low on rooms in San Luiz Obispo because of the Cal Poly graduation. It was slightly less. they also have a tent city near the range if you wish to camp or motor home or trailer for the week. Must be self contained but they have hot water and showers. You can go to Motel6.com to find a motel close to where you want to be. There is one in Moro Bay also. Hope this is helpful. See Ya at the IRC. later rdd

It depends if you bring your family or are by your self. If alone the Super 8 is just fine in San Louis Obispo but if you have your family then the Blue Sail Inn in Morro Bay is a good choice or the Embarcadario Inn also in Morro Bay but no AC there. All three have wireless internet.

ya could always try to stay at the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo, it's really close to Margies, and ask for the Bubber Suite at the Inn, I've tried, but they're always filled up...but you can't lose with the Motel Six there by the diner.

You should also plan on coming to the Southwest Regional ICORE match there, it's in a couple of months, great warm up for the IRC.

michaels

out here on the coast you really don't need AC. you just open a window on the west side and the east side and get a breeze off the ocean blowing through. If you stay in Morro Bay the range is about 5-10 minutes away. If you stay in San Luis Obispo the range is anywhere from 5-15 minutes away. Both cities are tourist oriented with Morro Bay being more tourist oriented. Staying in Atascadero will add about 15 to 20 minutes on the drive to the range.

-Eric

• 2 months later...