Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NYS Action Pistol Match Activity

Chuck D

A little research has confirmed that NRA Action Pistol is back in action in Central NY. I'm interested in contacting

someone from Hornell Sportmen Club in Hornell NY to confirm that they are hosting NRA Action Pistol matches as well.

I used to shoot alot of NRA matches in the early to mid '90's out of Canandaigua Sportsmen Club and it would be great to

get back to 10's and X's without having to leave the State every month.

Please contact me at cdisalvo@rochester.rr.com or through this forum if you have knowledge of the Hornell matches

or any other clubs in Western or Central NY that host NRA Action Pistol matches.

Thank you... :bow:

Chuck

Edited by Chuck D

A little research has confirmed that NRA Action Pistol is back in action in Central NY. I'm interested in contacting

someone from Hornell Sportmen Club in Hornell NY to confirm that they are hosting NRA Action Pistol matches as well.

I used to shoot alot of NRA matches in the early to mid '90's out of Canandaigua Sportsmen Club and it would be great to

get back to 10's and X's without having to leave the State every month.

Please contact me at cdisalvo@rochester.rr.com or through this forum if you have knowledge of the Hornell matches

or any other clubs in Western or Central NY that host NRA Action Pistol matches.

Thank you... :bow:

Chuck

Chuck,

Hornell only does random parts of Action Pistol. Maybe once a year they will set up the entire match. Often times on Wednesday nights they will shoot

plates or barricade only (only one per night).

I dont think they have had the mover working for a year or so. In order to shoot the mover they must stand in the parking lot for the longer yardages.

That being said, Gary and his crew go to every cup and other regional matches. You couldnt meet a nicer group of guys.

Bob :cheers:

Chuck,

Hornell only does random parts of Action Pistol. Maybe once a year they will set up the entire match. Often times on Wednesday nights they will shoot

plates or barricade only (only one per night).

I dont think they have had the mover working for a year or so. In order to shoot the mover they must stand in the parking lot for the longer yardages.

That being said, Gary and his crew go to every cup and other regional matches. You couldnt meet a nicer group of guys.

Bob :cheers:

Bob,

Please tell them if they want to run a Regional of Approved matches to contact me, I will approve them, they will only need (2) two of the (4) Events fired at Bianchi to Qualify.

In 2009 we will be giving National Records & Distinguished Points in the "New" for 2009 "Production" Division. If any of you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

I am heading out to New Zealand for the 6th NRA World Action Pistol Championship, but will be back on the 17th.

Tom...

I'll definatly second Bob's comments about Gary and all the other people from Hornell....they are a great group of folks to shoot and hang out with. I've been making the 3 hour trip to Hornell for several years now to shoot in almost every AP (and steel) match that they hold.

We're also hosting Action Pistol matches at the Trenton Fish and Game Club in Holland Patent, NY. This past September we hosted the NY State AP Championship (approved both by NRA and NYSRP), and a registered AP Regional. We're working thought the dates for next year, as we are planning a holding a couple of additional matches, along with the State and Regional again(if approved).

In addition, we have an AP league at the Trenton Fish and Game club, which we shoot every Wednesday from about April - September. We run all the standard AP events, and many of the additional events from the AP rule book. Holland Patent is about 15 miles north of Utica, NY.

I also run an AP indoor league at the Oneida Rifle club in Oneida, NY every Sunday morning from January 4th - April. This year I'm hoping to run an approved indoor match at the end of our season. I'd be more than happy to provide you info about that league (or details about Holland Patent), and of course we welcome anybody to come out and shoot with us there. Although not set in stone, if we hold an indoor match, it will be open to anybody to compete in. I'll definatly post more info about that on this forum as plans firm up.

Thanks guys...

I'll take all the match info I can get. If you could, contact me off forum at cdisalvo@rochester.rr.com and I'll give you my address.

Gary wouldn't happen to be Gary Valentino would it ?

Yes, that would be Gary Valentino.

Also to tag onto Ken Macari's post. Trenton Fish & Game in Holland Patent, just north of Utica has a good program. It was once headed up by Tom Kwasnieski and before that Bill Judycki and before that by others.

I think there is an NRA AP Regional at Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club on 11/8. I think that is located in either Brick or Jackson, NJ. Charlie Coppola is the contact person there.

MJ

Edited by Allgoodhits