Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lying Gun Shops...

PistolPete

Well here is the deal. I usually buy everything from 3 different gunshops without any problems. Well I wanted the SW1911 so a 4th shop had the best price by far and said if you prepay it then you'll be the 9th on the list and would have it VERY soon. Great, I say... So I go down there and prepay it. Now 6 weeks go by and no gun. So I go somewhere else that had one and just bought it. Well, being the good customer I am instead of getting my money back I tell him to order me the S&W Performance Center 627. Now 4 more weeks go by and I call him up to ask where my gun is. His response... "let me call my distributer and see what's going on, call me back later today." No problem I say... So I call him back and he tells me the gun is only made once a year and noone can get it and if I want it I'll have to wait at least 6 months. Yeah right like I'm gonna wait that long. So I go to one of my other dealers to buy some primers and tell him this story. He say... "I can almost guarantee I can get that gun." So he got on the phone and the first distributer says "yeah I have them in stock." Then here is the kicker... I ask how much... Well he can get it for $109 less than the original guy. The 2nd dealer called Smith and Wesson to ask about availity of this gun and they said it is always in production. So I went to the first dealer got my money back which I received a ton of attitude and told him he should have tried harder to get the gun but now he lost a really good customer who buys tons of supplies and guns all the time.

Hell yes, poor customer service sucks. If they drag their feet on ordering or finding something you want, TAKE YOUR HARD-EARNED MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE! I am lucky. I have a good friend who I shoot with who also happens to own one of the local gun stores. If I want it ,he will find it or die trying. :P:P:P TXAG

The funny part about the whole situation is that I took my basic safety course there years ago and when I went back he remembered who I was by name and everything. I was pretty impressed with that knowing they have thousands of students each year. However, when it came time to get a product that I wanted he didn't try hard enough to earn my business. It is almost as if he had my money and the sale no longer mattered. Well it should have because now someone else has my money and I'll finally have my product.

Another point to mention is my brother sold a gun thru there years ago on consignment and never got a call from them so he assumed it was never sold. He went in 4 months later to find out it had been sold months ago. The red flag should have gone up then but we all must live and learn.

I have such a great local gun dealer I can't believe it sometimes. He'll call in all kinds of favors, make all sorts of connections, and apply a little pressure where needed to get us what we want or need. I had the hots for a certain new-in-box 9mm semi-auto at one point last year and he actually made several calls around the country to locate one and get it here... in 48 hours. Ditto (only three days' wait) for my Sig P-299. And so on. This is why he manages to buy and sell guns so steadily--both new and used. He pays attention to his client's tastes and needs and knows which way the wind is blowin' with them... and with the other dealers' affairs, too. He's both decent and smart. Nice combination. And I'll keep patronizing people like this because the deals are straightforward, friendly and honest. B)

My dealer locally is so good; he calls me (home and cell) and lets me know when there is something of interest to me in store(new or used). Guess I just have it made here in the great state of Texas. :P:P:P:P TXAG