Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 Barrel conversion to 9mm Good or bad Idea

SammyK

If you want to shoot production, and IDPA, and 3-gun, and you don't reload... BUY A FREAKING 34 ALREADY!

Ammo is vastly cheaper.

Gun is legal in IDPA SSP and ESP

Gun is Production legal

Ammo is vastly cheaper.

Recoil is softer than 40's (this is where 40 is the disadvantage he mentioned. 40s can be spitballs. If you load them.)

Ammo is vastly cheaper.

Ah so it is legal in IDPA with the 40 barrel in it.

HMMM ,decisions, decisions.

Out of the box, you can shoot either (34 or 35) in idpa ssp or esp or uspsa production. The different sports have different rules on changes that are allowed. Both rule books can be looked at on line. I don't know about barrell swaps.

Good luck. If you reload, the 35 could be used in SSP, ESP, PROD, L-10, AND LIMITED and just change the PF for respective divisions, but with factory ammo the .40 could put you at a dissadvantage.

Well, at this time I am not reloading but plan to in the future. Why would the factory .40 ammo put me at a disadvantage? Is it due ot power factor issues? Sorry for all the questions. this is all new to me.

Factory 40 kicks more than factory 9mm. Reloading allows you to load down to the required PF for the respective division.

Some people say the bigger .40 hole could help more often that hurt. ( ie -1 zone to -3 v's breaking the perf on a no shoot / talking in IDPA terms)

Everyone has their opinion.

Edited by cnote

Factory 40 kicks more than factory 9mm. Reloading allows you to load down to the required PF for the respective division.

Some people say the bigger .40 hole could help more often that hurt. ( ie -1 zone to -3 v's breaking the perf on a no shoot / talking in IDPA terms)

Everyone has their opinion.

Thanks for the clarification, much aprecciated.