Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21SF -----> 40SW

mjohns930

The question is can this be done (relatively easily)? I am pondering a future build for a limited gun or possibly even open and I am wondering if you all think it can be done or maybe even has been done. I am a lefty and that ambidextrious mag release is quite nice on that gun. I also have big hands so a bigger frame is of no consequence. I guess the biggest thing would be can you get mags to work with the 40SW. I suppose some 10mm mags with spacers would work but do you think it would be a reliable setup? I don't think a conversion barrel would be too hard to come by and if I wanted an extended slide I suppose Lone Wolf or Caspian could probably do something for me. But this is something that I have been pondering for quite some time and I really like that factory ambi mag release. Let me know if you think it could be done without too many headaches and if anyone has done this. Thanks.

Thanks high velocity. But do the G20 mags take any mods to make them work with the 40SW? Spacers or anything or do they just load up ok and function properly? Like I said this is a ways off but something I would like to do.

I'm with Whiteboy - just shoot the gun as a .45. I get a chuckle out of those that spend hundreds of dollars just to get one more round in their .40 mag. They would be better served to buy more practice ammo. Having that one additional round is not going to make you a Grand Master.

You do have a good point. Thats only 2 less than a 40 in the mag. What do you run for ammunition? Do you reload or buy off the shelf? Thanks for the info.

I reload. I shoot a 230 zero FMJ over about 4.0 grains of straight Clays.

I use Federal primers because I have lightened striker spring in the Glock. There are some other set ups that would enable you to run Win or CCI primers. Joe D could probably help you out w/ that.

For the mags:

I use old stlye Glock 21 followers from http://glockparts.com/store/item/gh8u/Foll...l_Follower.html

I'll do a little shaving on the legs of these followers.

ISMI 140 mm Para mag springs (PO 45)

If you go the with the G-20 conversion, I would make sure the barrel is throated long so you can load long to assist in feeding out of the G-20 mags. Even though I have shot a bunch of standard length 40's. w/ no problems out of a G-20.

Edited by dirty whiteboy