Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle Ballistics

been playing with ballistic software for some time and it has been very useful. but until this past week, i had no idea how so. spent a whole day at the range playing with loads and testing scope BDC. decided to actually shoot the distances that i was so curious about relative to the ballistics tables i had been using. set up targets from 100 out to 325, in 25 yd increments. i'll be damn-those programs don't lie! nothing like actually verifying what those little bullets do over that distance. i walked away with a profound appreciation of the program and all the variables. little things like temperature, and downrange velocity all make sense now. and when i hit the next 3 gun stage where targets are at a specific distance, i will know, without a doubt, where those rounds will hit at those distances. i strongly recommend taking a day and trying the same. you will walk away with a confidence that might have been lacking before you were able to prove it to yourself. yea, it's boring and time consuming, but definitely worthwhile,

Edited by outerlimits