Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem with my new h-141 pads with grams follower& Spring kit....

chris223

I've just tested my new setup today, and most of the time, the slide don't chamber the last ammo...What should i do ??

is it not stripping it at all? a little more description would be good.. what spring and follower are you using?

Leo

I've just tested my new setup today, and most of the time, the slide don't chamber the last ammo...What should i do ??

is it not stripping it at all? a little more description would be good.. what spring and follower are you using?

Leo

Look at the subject :rolleyes: 38SA mag for My tanfoglio gold custom

The slide lock back as if the mag is empty....but there is still one cartrigue !

Edited by chris223

Do you want the slide to lock back when the magazine is empty or do you not mind if it does not lock back ?

If the former then you can either modify the follower or slide stop a little so it only locks back with an empty magazine. If the latter then purchase one of Henning's new slide pins. The lockup will be better and you won't have this problem.

Edited by BritinUSA

Slide lock can be unreliable both with the Grams follower and the factory follower. I never have my guns lock back on any of my guns. Unless you're shooting L10 I would recommend against it. Just another thing that can go wrong. Also, it may not be the gun sometimes, just enough that your hand/fingers accidentally hit the slide stop and push it up and locks back. The new titefit pin gives you a better lockup on the barrel as Paul mentioned as well as being a very slick solution. I designed the pin to only stick out 0.020" on each side so less accidental snagging and looks sharp.

I did three things ot fix this problem,...

first I trimmed and polished the top and bottom of the slide release /lock lever. So there is less material for the slide to catch on,.but yet still works with an empty mag.

2nd thing I did was trim the follower at the point it engages the bottom of the lever,...the flat spot can be trimmed approx 1mm, but make sure you cut it straight and flat,..not at an angle,..or it may press the mag to the side and the mag may not drop free. ( use a very sharp box cutter/trimmer)

3rd thing I did was press in the mag lips a bit,...

I shot 3 stages and some practice rounds the other week and had no problems,..worked exactly how i wanted it to.....only locks open when mag is empty. I also polished the Henning mag I got,.and trimmed the mag catch,...trimming it VERY little is all that is required.

Edited by Mo Hepworth

Look at the subject :rolleyes: 38SA mag for My tanfoglio gold custom

The slide lock back as if the mag is empty....but there is still one cartrigue !

If it's doing it consistently on the last round in the mag, look to your slide stop. It's probably hitting getting tapped up by the nose of the round as it lifts. Just trim it back (belt sander) and the problem will go away.