Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil spring on Gold custom V12

chris223

hi,

do you know what is the weight of the recoil spring from the factory ?

I feel my gun has a very soft straight back recoil, but the dot bounce is important.....Do you think it will shoot flater with a 10lbs Wolff spring ???

I am a little bit worry to damaged the pistol with a softer spring....(i shoot 168-170 PF).

Thank

Grauffel is working on sprinco recoil reducer that will be available in his website by Dec.

that will help 50% reduction on the dot bounce. I have tried 10lbs recoil spring and cut 2 coils.

it soften the recoil a bit. You can google up the conversion of the factory springs from kg to lbs.

Edited by shooterbenedetto

Grauffel is working on sprinco recoil reducer that will be available in his website by Dec.

that will help 50% reduction on the dot bounce. I have tried 10lbs recoil spring and cut 2 coils.

it soften the recoil a bit. You can google up the conversion of the factory springs from kg to lbs.

I did not find the data for the factory spring...

Why did you cut 2 coils on the 10lbs spring ?

Yea, I'm shooting a 10lb spring too.

I shoot a 6lb with my steel load, however. I have to be really carefull not to confuse the two. I wish there was an easy to way to mark them.

Oh, how often to you guys replace your spring?

I've tried a 10lb and an 11lb and can go either way on them. I will be trying the new sprinco when it comes out to see if the newer model is better suited than the original.

I think Eric runs a 12lb (less 2 coils) with a sprinco. I would not cut coils off a 10lb, it's light enough as it is in my opinion.

I started out with 10 lb springs in my Open guns but switched to 11 lbs. The 10s were just a bit "slammy" for me, and I just couldn't nail the timing on the gun down that well. Timing is perfect with the 11 though. It returns to neutral very nicely.

I was very surprise by the dot bounce with the factory setup.......i thank that is was a ery flat shooting pistol, but in reality, the dot bounce for me is far less with a STI grandmaster for example.

I will try the Sprinco when it will be availiable.