Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008_Western_PA_Championship

41mag

:cheers:

Congrats Bob, very well done!

It was a fun match made even more so my the company of all my squad mates. Nice to see familiar faces and to meet new ones.

Hope to be back next year.

41mag

It was a great 3 way competition between Bob, Pat Scott and Dennis Smith for the revolver championship, with Bob pulling out the win.

Ours was the Super Revolver Squad, with Bob Perdue, Pat Scott, Dennis Smith, Echo Hester and me all shooting wheelguns. With Bob rated at Master class, and Pat and Dennis in A, any one of them could have had a good day and picked up the win. And true to form, those three split honors for winning the stages, with 3 going to Bob, and 2 each to Pat and Dennis.

Now if we had been the Super Squad at the Nationals, someone would have been tracking the competition stage by stage, and everyone would know where they stood right to the final stage. As it is, all I can do is reconstruct how that would have gone. During the course of the day, we had a vague idea where everyone stood. I figured I would finish 4th, behind those three, and I did.

We started out the match on a couple of classifier stages. Bob won both, putting him up by 13.6 points on Pat and 54.5 pts on Dennis. Bob won the next stage, too, increasing his lead over both of the others.

The next 2 stages went to Dennis, and he cut into Bob's lead over him, and overtook Pat to move into second place, only 32.4 points behind Bob, with 2 stages to go. Meanwhile, Bob added to his lead over Pat, increasing that to its maximum for the match at 44.4 pts.

The last two stages were both monster field courses, with 310 points up for grabs. Pat won the first of them, to cut 12 points off Bob's advantage, while Dennis slipped back due to a costly Mike.

Going into the last stage, Bob was up by 32.8 over Pat, and 57.9 over Dennis. The stage was worth 150 points, and Pat won this one, with Dennis 2nd and Bob in third. However, Pat was only able to chop another 12 points off Bob's lead.

So the old man [bob IS a Senior] took out the young pups. Old and sneaky beats out young and fast once again. And in that last stage, Bob gave the match design crew a lesson on course design, as he took advantage of a lapse in the stage writeup to save some time engaging the final array.

Thanks to the Airport Area Shooters for a great match. :cheers:

Congrats to Bob for the win, and for managing to teach me something every time we shoot together. :cheers:

And thanks to the entire revolver squad for a thoroughly enjoyable shooting experience.

Hey Professor,

That was a real cool write up my friend. I actually had no idea that's how things were going during the match. On the early stages I never saw or heard any ones times or hits. Next time Stanley, we should shoot video of the revo squad, you write the captions like you did here and I will edit it all into a cool video.

I know I was having some trouble reloading right off the bat and that seemed to plague me a good bit through the match. Lost my plan a couple of times as well which has not normally been a problem for sometime now.

Bobs shooting was solid with good reloads and no plan miscues.

I think Bob and I shot the exact amount of points in the match, both with no penalties, Bob was just faster,

So I was making a come back from the middle of the pack and ran out of stages, a couple of more hours of shooting and I could of wore Bob down :roflol::roflol:

41mag

It was a great 3 way competition between Bob, Pat Scott and Dennis Smith for the revolver championship, with Bob pulling out the win.

Ours was the Super Revolver Squad, with Bob Perdue, Pat Scott, Dennis Smith, Echo Hester and me all shooting wheelguns. With Bob rated at Master class, and Pat and Dennis in A, any one of them could have had a good day and picked up the win. And true to form, those three split honors for winning the stages, with 3 going to Bob, and 2 each to Pat and Dennis.

Now if we had been the Super Squad at the Nationals, someone would have been tracking the competition stage by stage, and everyone would know where they stood right to the final stage. As it is, all I can do is reconstruct how that would have gone. During the course of the day, we had a vague idea where everyone stood. I figured I would finish 4th, behind those three, and I did.

We started out the match on a couple of classifier stages. Bob won both, putting him up by 13.6 points on Pat and 54.5 pts on Dennis. Bob won the next stage, too, increasing his lead over both of the others.

The next 2 stages went to Dennis, and he cut into Bob's lead over him, and overtook Pat to move into second place, only 32.4 points behind Bob, with 2 stages to go. Meanwhile, Bob added to his lead over Pat, increasing that to its maximum for the match at 44.4 pts.

The last two stages were both monster field courses, with 310 points up for grabs. Pat won the first of them, to cut 12 points off Bob's advantage, while Dennis slipped back due to a costly Mike.

Going into the last stage, Bob was up by 32.8 over Pat, and 57.9 over Dennis. The stage was worth 150 points, and Pat won this one, with Dennis 2nd and Bob in third. However, Pat was only able to chop another 12 points off Bob's lead.

So the old man [bob IS a Senior] took out the young pups. Old and sneaky beats out young and fast once again. And in that last stage, Bob gave the match design crew a lesson on course design, as he took advantage of a lapse in the stage writeup to save some time engaging the final array.

Thanks to the Airport Area Shooters for a great match. :cheers:

Congrats to Bob for the win, and for managing to teach me something every time we shoot together. :cheers:

And thanks to the entire revolver squad for a thoroughly enjoyable shooting experience.