Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell

cwguinther

Just ordered the magwell extension off of Henning's site to put on my EAA Witness Match. I know it is not a direst drop in, but my question is, what is involved in fitting it to the pistol? Can any competent gunsmith do it, or is it something that I should send off somewhere?

There's some filing / dremel work to make it slide on. And you will have a small gap between the frame and the magwell. Several others have done it. It's not perfect, but currently the only option. Mike P; wanna share some pic's of your gun?

There's some filing / dremel work to make it slide on. And you will have a small gap between the frame and the magwell. Several others have done it. It's not perfect, but currently the only option. Mike P; wanna share some pic's of your gun?

I will later tonight..

• 2 weeks later...

I will later tonight..

Mike P.,

Did you get a chance to post those pics?

Ok, I got some pics of the magwell install.

I's kind of hard to see in these pics (I need a better camera) but the front has been opened up a little to make it around the front of the gun:

post-15742-1225073643_thumb.jpg

There's also been some dremel work at the corners to smooth them out a little. There are small gaps at the side between the gun and the magwell, but with a little smoothing they don't cause problems.

post-15742-1225073663_thumb.jpg

It's not the best fit on the outside, but it fits well enough.

post-15742-1225073669_thumb.jpg

Because the well fits a little back on the grip, in my (very little) experience, it's easier to hit the well from the back and rock it in.

post-15742-1225073674_thumb.jpg post-15742-1225073681_thumb.jpg

It took some work for Mike to get it on there, but it works very well.

Sean

Actually, there is no way to hang a magazine in the well on that gun, believe me we tried.. It fits almost like it does on the Limited with the exception of the front of the well need to be opened a bit. Other then that, it is well worth the mula..

M

Thanks for all the advice. I got out my trusty dremel and went to work. I got the front cut back (although I think I need to work it some more as my factory mags get hung in it.) I got all the filing and triming completed on the back end. I'll post some pics when I get it all finished and put back together. Once again..thank you fro all your input and advice.

Chad