Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HIVIZ

Nick S

First some background. I am R-handed however L-eye dominant. I can compensate OK with a handgun and have learned to shoot a rifle L-handed (although I revert back to R-handed when shooting optics) but shotgun gives me a helluva time. Recently I scored a 21" VR barrel for my M1S90 and am shopping for a HIVIZ FO front sight.

I came across the HIVIZ MagniComp that is advertised to help cross eye dominance while keeping both eyes open. Does anyone have any experience with this sight?

http://www.hivizsights.com/Shotgun-MagniCo...logy-P79C1.aspx

Thanks

Nick

If you are cross eye dominant shooting a shotgun I would go with a Tru-Glo Strut Stopper. The exclusion tube is a lot longer and you cannot see it with the dominant eye and the gun on the off shoulder. I use one and I am not cross eye dominant, it allows me precision on LONG or TIGHT shots that I don't get out without a rear sight, it provides me a very high level of accuracy. It is my first recommendation for cross dominant shot gun shooting. The other plus is the fiber is a lot smaller and doesn't cover a full choke pattern at 40 yards like most fiber sights do.