Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spring to Trigger weight guide?

the Cod Father

I am in the middle of setting up my 625 and there is an amazing number of mainspring weights and return spring weights to set up in dozens of combinations. While it is baffeling to a new shooter to find the right combination for a great set-up ,I was wondering if there is a chart either from the manufactuer or a fellow shooter that will tell you the outcome of a certain combination .For example if you use a full power mainspring and a 13lb return than you will have a 8lb DA trigger pull. This would really narrow down the search for a good trigger weight .

Any help is appreciated

The Cod Father

I prefer to modify the factory springs.I believe that they store and release energy better than aftermarket springs.What I do is to cut 1 to 1.5 coils off the rebound spring and bend the mainspring some at about the 1/2 to upper 1/3 portion of the spring.Don't be afraid of screwing up that mainspring,if you go to far,just bend it back.The Spit & Missin' mainsprings are wonderous things.This should get you to around 8-8.5 lbs on the DA pull.Now,you can play with the strain screw some by filing it shorter,but thats another topic entirely.-Mike

Edited by kframe_mike