Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clay Shooting Usa

EricW

I've been getting free sample copies of Clay Shooting USA for about six months now. It's a pretty decent mag. It exclusively covers Sporting Clays. Meaningful gun reviews. Good competition articles. Good tips. But....it's so expensively printed I wonder if it can possibly afford to stay in publication, so I'm very reluctant to cough up and subscribe. God knows I don't want to get screwed like people did with Gun Games.

I do like some of the stuff they're doing. There's a lot more substance there than in Sporting Clays magazine.

Anybody else getting this mag? What's your take?

I haven't read the USA version, but the English version, "Clay Shooting" is the best shotgun mag I have read. It's about $75 per year, so we share it among 3 of us- aren't we cheap!

There is no comparable American mag since the "American Shotgunner" years ago, which I also 'ate' some money when they went out.

I suspect if the USA version goes out, they could send the "English" version instead, which does report on all clay target games.

If shotgun is your game, England is the place to live.

Are you getting free copies from them?

My cheap side is showing on that question

If you drove to the club with him, I'll bet that could have been interesting :D

If I recall, his claim to fame in the shooting world was/is International trap.

I have never shot there, but it seems you don't have to drive far to shoot just about any type of shotgun game on any given weekend.

And, they have "stockist", I read, that can actually fit a gun to the shooter.

That's a novel idea that never really caught on in this country.

Not a good place for pistol shooters however :o

I did drive to the shooting grounds with Jackie, but he was subdued, probably for my benefit. Didn't want to scare me...or crash the V12 Jag we were in.

Let me tell you, he ain't too shabby at Clays. He shot an 87 to my 76 and made it look easy.

I did not get to meet the stockist, when there, but it is finally understood that unless you have a properly fit stock, you will probably never reach your potential with a scattergun. John Revens did mine for me here in town, about 1995, and I'm still waiting for it to show dividends, and for me to reach my potential...