Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP01 Open - CZ barrel / compensator thread size

FLL1911

Does anybody has the exactly barrel / compensator thread size for either the CZ Champion or the Tanfoglio / EAAWitness? I have one reference from the EAA compensator as thread size being M4 x 0.7 (quite standard metric thread size) or M4 x 0.75 (this one not so common). I do not remember which one. Anybody?

I am building a similar open gun from a CZ SP01 with a help of a good friend, the local CZ guru. The project is very similar to this one: Revamped SPO1 "OPEN", but the main differences are the option for the barrel and the compensator. For the barrel I can’t find any barrel with external diameter that could accommodate the standard thread size used in most 1911 barrels (.575 x 40 tpi for straight barrels and .685 x 40 tpi for bull barrels) so I need to use a smaller thread size. I am using a compensator blank, so I can accommodate any thread size, but I would like to use something that would allow me later to used a standard barrel / compensator from either CZ or Tanfoglio.

The CZ SP01 (and the CZ TS) use a .40 cal barrel chambered in 9mm. It is .551” thick, compared to the .502” from the standard 9mm CZ 75 barrel.

My SPO1 is the gun referenced above under "Revamped SPO1 Open" and my barrel came directly from CZ. Ask for CJ in the parts department and he should be able to help you. My barrel measure .575 when I put my caliper around it. I believe CJ says it comes in a 6" length and you then cut it down and thread on a cone compensator. The SPO1 slide is large enough for the cone to "lock up" in the gun the way it should. If you need help with anything pm me and I will give you my number. I helped another member on here get a 75 converted into an open and pretty well know where to find any parts or research into a CZ open gun.

Sharing the info I got from CZ: Thread size (metric) 14 x 1 mm Right Hand

I make a comp for Angus and I think that was the thread. I would have to find the tap and look. It was for a CZ factory threaded barrel.

Also from CZ: Threaded barrels and compensators (and other CZ Champion parts) are no longer imported.