Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Milan Fall Classic Rescheduled

I intend to factor in some kind of reimbursement for the match itself (i.e. RO's and staff who work the match).

I doubt that I will pay for someone to come out all week to help set up :surprise:

Probably do it like most matches that I have seen. Double up the staff in the match hotel and pay half for each so they don't pay anything. If someone doesn't want to double up, they still get half.

If you paid $350, you obviously didn't stay at the Super 8 :roflol:

I won't be able to lock in the schedule until I know when the Nats are going to be next year.

Frank

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Carmoney, it has been years(since Second Chance) since we've met and maybe next year you'll be back if the dates work for you. Frank plans on hosting the Illinois Sectional so hopefully many of those that attended this year's shoot can make it back then. Those dates are yet to be set. We'd like to have it shortly before the Nationals but have no idea when and WHERE they will be. I hear it may move from Tulsa. Anyone have ideas on that? Mike, you usually are up on these things. Heard anything yet?

Terry, I don't know anything about the Nationals schedule for next year, that's always a bone of contention for many of us who need to plan work stuff out way ahead of time. Anyway, I really enjoyed shooting at Milan last weekend and will be back to any major matches you guys host that I can possibly attend.

Speaking of Second Chance, I know somewhere around here I have a photo taken on the line during one of the Second Chance shoot-offs with several shooters, including a guy with a "Fischer" name tag on the back of his hat.....I'll see if I can dig it out.... :D

Terry,

It will be a nice change of pace to shoot some instead of working them. Working and shooting should be avoided at all cost unless you don't care how you shoot. The setup and then doing fixit/runner duty crushed me. I'm not in the best shape and by the time I got to shooting, the third day, I was toast. It was rewarding to help keep things going and being a part of the match, but it takes it's toll over a couple days.

My hope would be that you and Frank could split the duty on the larger matches, so one of you isn't frazzled. I know Frank's legs were about to give out the last day. I don't think we had one fully functional, body or brain, between us. Don't get me wrong, I think he did a bang up job. I know he learned a lot of stuff for the next match as did I.

I'd like to be a part of the team for the Il sectional next year, but would like to find a way to have a little more gas in the tank come shooting time.

JT

Jim,

I heard from more than one source there was someone really helping out with the match. After a little question/answer session, I knew it was YOU! Thank you so very much. You really stepped up to the plate for us and I appreciate it more than you know. A match this size cannot be run very well by just one person. In fact, what brought me to realize I couldn't put off my knee surgery was last June's shoot at Milan. We had I think 6 stages....4 of them classifiers....then we had a shotgun side match....then we had mini-pins! By the end of the day, I could hardly walk and I paid the price the rest of the week at home. I made up my mind to have the surgery. Little did I know that things don't always go as well as the guy you talk to that had no problems and was back to work in a week. It'll be a little more than that it looks like. I'm kinda regretting it now.

Frank and I have talked about the need to organize a commitee of reliable people to take on certain duties so it's not all on one man's back. Maybe we can have an organizational meeting this winter when people are looking for something to do and in the mood to get involved. We'll need all the help we can get for the IL sectional.

Thanks again, Jim.

Terry, I don't know anything about the Nationals schedule for next year, that's always a bone of contention for many of us who need to plan work stuff out way ahead of time. Anyway, I really enjoyed shooting at Milan last weekend and will be back to any major matches you guys host that I can possibly attend.

Speaking of Second Chance, I know somewhere around here I have a photo taken on the line during one of the Second Chance shoot-offs with several shooters, including a guy with a "Fischer" name tag on the back of his hat.....I'll see if I can dig it out.... :D

I e-mailed Val at USPSA a while back asking if they had any idea when the Nationals would be. She pretty much said it'll be around the first of the year. We'll just have to throw a dart at the calendar and see if we get lucky. I had heard they might have it a little earlier this next year but who really knows.

I never did all that well on the shoot-offs at Second Chance except for the first year I was a MB. They teamed me up against Ayoob and Brian. Can you imagine me looking to my right and seeing Brian Enos then to my left and seeing Massad? Nerves???? What nerves???? LOL! Got nothing to lose so I went for it. Brian and I tied and knocked out Mass but then Enos got me on the second go around. Got it on video tape too. Glory days.....always fun to look back.

Terry

I intend to factor in some kind of reimbursement for the match itself (i.e. RO's and staff who work the match).

I doubt that I will pay for someone to come out all week to help set up :surprise:

Probably do it like most matches that I have seen. Double up the staff in the match hotel and pay half for each so they don't pay anything. If someone doesn't want to double up, they still get half.

If you paid $350, you obviously didn't stay at the Super 8 :roflol:

I won't be able to lock in the schedule until I know when the Nats are going to be next year.

Frank

I'm on a first name bassis with the Ladies at L-Q now, so I get the bottom price of $53. We'll work something out.. Any help would be appreciated. We can talk about it via email when the dates are locked in.

Terry,

It will be a nice change of pace to shoot some instead of working them. Working and shooting should be avoided at all cost unless you don't care how you shoot. The setup and then doing fixit/runner duty crushed me. I'm not in the best shape and by the time I got to shooting, the third day, I was toast. It was rewarding to help keep things going and being a part of the match, but it takes it's toll over a couple days.

My hope would be that you and Frank could split the duty on the larger matches, so one of you isn't frazzled. I know Frank's legs were about to give out the last day. I don't think we had one fully functional, body or brain, between us. Don't get me wrong, I think he did a bang up job. I know he learned a lot of stuff for the next match as did I.

I'd like to be a part of the team for the Il sectional next year, but would like to find a way to have a little more gas in the tank come shooting time.

JT

Jim,

I heard from more than one source there was someone really helping out with the match. After a little question/answer session, I knew it was YOU! Thank you so very much. You really stepped up to the plate for us and I appreciate it more than you know. A match this size cannot be run very well by just one person. In fact, what brought me to realize I couldn't put off my knee surgery was last June's shoot at Milan. We had I think 6 stages....4 of them classifiers....then we had a shotgun side match....then we had mini-pins! By the end of the day, I could hardly walk and I paid the price the rest of the week at home. I made up my mind to have the surgery. Little did I know that things don't always go as well as the guy you talk to that had no problems and was back to work in a week. It'll be a little more than that it looks like. I'm kinda regretting it now.

Frank and I have talked about the need to organize a commitee of reliable people to take on certain duties so it's not all on one man's back. Maybe we can have an organizational meeting this winter when people are looking for something to do and in the mood to get involved. We'll need all the help we can get for the IL sectional.

Thanks again, Jim.

Terry,

I was just a piece of the effort. There was a lot put out by a few to bring it off. I have three , count them, three hernias, so I was limited in what I could lift. The other guys carried all the heavy stuff and I helped out where I could. We put in the last shooting box just as the squad was getting there. Crazy.

I was very sorry to hear of your complications and hope you are back to 100% soonest. PM me with details on the test....

JT

What I want to organize for the next year is the following:

Personnel:

1 MD

1 RM

1 QM (Mr. Fixit) - Also in charge of initial stage setup

3 Stats

2 Chrono

2 RO's per stage (at least the mid and long stages)

Just having a separate RM and QM will help out a lot. I'm also going to delegate out the prize table (we tried this year, but to late to get anything). I've got a guy willing to do this, and he plans on starting as soon as we get the dates locked in (hopefully later this month). He tried this year, but the problem was that most of the places told him we needed to get on this years budget last year. So we are going to start sooner instead of later on this one.

On top of all of this, I plan on setting up Tuesday - Thursday instead of one day. This will give us time to troubleshoot the stages. Spreading it out like this, if we get about 4 people to help out each day, we would be cherry. This will leave me free to take care of all the little things that crop up at the last minute, instead of having to compromise on stuff. The QM will take care of the initial set-up, then the MD and RM can go through Thursday afternoon and troubleshoot, as well as the RO's when they shoot on Friday.

I want to have an organizational meeting for this hopefully first part of next year.

Jim... I feel your pain on the hernia's. It wasn't my legs that were giving out, it was my back. I've already had one back surgery, and will probably have to have another one here soon. I'm kinda like Terry on that though... I don't want to do it until I absolutely have to. :rolleyes:

Frank

I didn't want to make a big deal out of it so I didn't send out a general e-mail about the results of the angiogram. The good news is there's no damage to my heart and no blockages to any of the arteries. I guess it was just the stress of the surgery along with the all the drugs they pumped into me plus the threat they would have to cath me if I couldn't go, lead me to vapor lock for a time. All is well and I'm now doing the knee PT. I hope to go duck hunting for the opener next Saturday and get back to livin'.

I didn't want to make a big deal out of it so I didn't send out a general e-mail about the results of the angiogram. The good news is there's no damage to my heart and no blockages to any of the arteries. I guess it was just the stress of the surgery along with the all the drugs they pumped into me plus the threat they would have to cath me if I couldn't go, lead me to vapor lock for a time. All is well and I'm now doing the knee PT. I hope to go duck hunting for the opener next Saturday and get back to livin'.

Good news !! :cheers:

frank soon as we have a RO class ill take it and ill be in for that. i also have a hook up on shirts, so we could preorder shirts or something and have them ready for the IL sectional. if we set up in the mornings id be in but i work a early 2nd shift, so id have to leave by 11am and itd be dark before i could get back. -chris

frank soon as we have a RO class ill take it and ill be in for that. i also have a hook up on shirts, so we could preorder shirts or something and have them ready for the IL sectional. if we set up in the mornings id be in but i work a early 2nd shift, so id have to leave by 11am and itd be dark before i could get back. -chris

No problem. I'm sure there are some people that can only set up in the afternoon :)

I talked to Ray about doing an RO class as well as the CRO class. He said cool. Once we get next years schedule set with the BOD at Milan (later this month), I'll send him the dates of the matches, and he will tell me when he can do it. He is, after all, a very busy RMI :)

We do the class the Saturday right before a match, as the RO class requires range time. The CRO course does not.

Talk to you later about the shirts. That would be one less thing I would have to worry about. :cheers:

Frank