Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Found a Model 25 45ACP..... Nickel

20nickels

This spring I saw Model 25 6" in 45 ACP at a show. The only reason I didn't buy it is it's nickel plated <_< , but now I'm having second thoughts. Is there anything I can do about the finish without comprimising the shootability of it?

This spring I saw Model 25 6" in 45 ACP at a show. The only reason I didn't buy it is it's nickel plated <_< , but now I'm having second thoughts. Is there anything I can do about the finish without comprimising the shootability of it?

Your best bet would be to find someone with a blued Model 25 to trade. The alternative (other than learn to love nickel) would be to send it to APC or another hardchromer to get the nickel chemically removed and reblued. I've not had it done but would guess you are looking at $200 plus shipping.

The only problem with stripping a nickle plated gun and trying to blue it is the finish dosent usually come out all one color. They tend to be streaky looking. You could bead blast it and put a flat finish blue or have it done in one of the other new finishes on the market. The best thing to do is keep looking for a blued gun.

Ask the factory. If it is a factory-nickeled 25-2, it is probably worth a bunch to collectors. If it was nickeled afterwards, it is worth not a penny more because of it.

Factory, trade for a blue or stianless gun and some cash. Non-factory, shoot it until you wear it out. Spray-paint it any color of your heart's desire.