Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bangkok Dangerous

Rocket35

Opens in theatres today, I am gonna go see it tomorrow after the local club match. Looks interesting.

The life of an anonymous assassin takes an unexpected turn when he travels to Thailand to complete a series of contract killings. Joe a remorseless hitman, is in Bangkok to execute four enemies of a ruthless crime boss named Surat. He hires Kong, a street punk and pickpocket, to run errands for him with the intention of covering his tracks by killing him at the end of the assignment. Strangely, Joe, the ultimate lone wolf, instead finds himself mentoring the young man while simultaneously being drawn into a tentative romance with a local shop girl. As he falls further under the sway of Bangkok's intoxicating beauty, Joe begins to question his isolated existence and let down his guard …just as Surat decides it's time to clean house.

TRAILER

I've had this discussion with some of my friends. Based on some of his quotes from interviews, they now agree with me. I'm pretty sure He picks what movies to do based on how fun a vacation they are for him and what cool stuff he gets to do in them. Not based on quality.

The first two weeks of back to school are the absolute bottom of the box office year. Anything that comes out now is either horrible, not quite up to academy award muster despite being a possible contender, or the victim of someone pissing off a bigger fish in the shark tank tht is hollywood movie production.

BTW it set the record for worst box office opening to come in at #1.