Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to get bbl for 9mm Witness (small frame)?

Qbert

I have an old school 9mm Witness with the small frame. The barrel lugs are pretty worn and peened, while the inside of the slide still looks brand new. Brownell's used to sell 6" oversized Briley barrels, but haven't now for a few years. I can't find anything on Briley's site.

Is there any place where I can get a new barrel fitted to my Witness? I'd prefer not to get another crappy stock barrel.

I have an old school 9mm Witness with the small frame. The barrel lugs are pretty worn and peened, while the inside of the slide still looks brand new. Brownell's used to sell 6" oversized Briley barrels, but haven't now for a few years. I can't find anything on Briley's site.

Is there any place where I can get a new barrel fitted to my Witness? I'd prefer not to get another crappy stock barrel.

Barsto used to advertise Witness barrels but only used to manufacture a couple of times a year. Not sure if they still do but worth a try if you can't get one anywhere else.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply.

I'll keep that in mind, but I'd really prefer not to fork over the big $$$ and deal with the loooooong wait by dealing with Barsto. But in the end, if I must, I must. :unsure:

What’s wrong with Tanfoglio’s original match barrels? I think they are made by Lothar Water in Germany. It is a semi polygonal barrel, and can be a little picky when it comes to bullets. Some plated bullets has trouble stabilizing, but when it works it works and pretty much outshoot everything I have ever owned. The barrel has an extraordinary internal finish and is very easy to clean….if you have to clean it at all. I recommend them.

If Eaa does not have them, try Henning Wallgren or Tanfoglio directly.

olp,

Thanks, I'll look into that...although I've never seen the original match barrels. I didn't even know they existed. At least not around these parts.

Are they drop in or do they need to be fitted?

olp,

Thanks, I'll look into that...although I've never seen the original match barrels. I didn't even know they existed. At least not around these parts.

Are they drop in or do they need to be fitted?

Mine came with a match barrel so I am not sure. But I think they need some fitting. All the match guns come with match barrels from the factory and given the perfect lock-up I suspect that some hand work has been done to it.