Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM recoil spring

CDPMatt

What is factory??? I shot it for the 1st time yesterday and it ran major and minor fine but the minor barely got out of the gun. I am buying a springer precision guide rod for 1911 springs and was wondering what poundage for major and minor.

Thanks,

Matt

I called springfield and they said that they do not measure poundage on the recoil springs in the XD or (M) line like they do for 1911's. I ordered the solid guide rod from Scott at springer precision and just ordered 3 poundages to start with.... 14, 16 and 18#'s and we'll see how it goes.

• 1 month later...
I called springfield and they said that they do not measure poundage on the recoil springs in the XD or (M) line like they do for 1911's. I ordered the solid guide rod from Scott at springer precision and just ordered 3 poundages to start with.... 14, 16 and 18#'s and we'll see how it goes.

9mm Glocks like a 13ish pound spring in minor, and .40 Glocks like a 14-15 pounder. Might be worth contemplating when respringing another striker-fired pistol who's spring weight is a mystery.

What is factory??? I shot it for the 1st time yesterday and it ran major and minor fine but the minor barely got out of the gun. I am buying a springer precision guide rod for 1911 springs and was wondering what poundage for major and minor.

Thanks,

Matt

Why not ask Scott for his recommendation since you are going to buy his guide rod. Oh and post his reply so I won't have to ask him the same question.

If its anything like the Xd "Classic" you cant go very light without changing the striker spring also. The Classic model in 40 tac. has a 18 lbs spring. Anything lighter then 16 and it wont cock the striker and will slide out of battery easily. I run my classic .40 tac with the factory 18 lbs spring and am making about 147 pf with good reliable cycling.

• 1 year later...
If its anything like the Xd "Classic" you cant go very light without changing the striker spring also. The Classic model in 40 tac. has a 18 lbs spring. Anything lighter then 16 and it wont cock the striker and will slide out of battery easily. I run my classic .40 tac with the factory 18 lbs spring and am making about 147 pf with good reliable cycling.

I run a 14# spring in my XD45 5in for limited and it works fine.