Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson 10 rounder problem?

Catfish

I was out practicing yesterday for L10 nats and when I pulled my mags out of the bag noticed a little piece of metal in the bag that didn't make any sense to me at the time. Once I loaded up my mags, I knew where it came from...

The mag stop on one of the mags had sheared off at some point. (the little piece of metal near the bottom of the mag that keeps you from over inserting the mag)

So, my question is - does that little piece of metal actually play a role, or is it eye candy? The mag worked flawless through the session, but I went pretty easy on it during reloads. The mag seats and ejects 100%, so I don't know if it's something I should be concerned with, just use that mag as a starter mag, or relegate it to a Barney mag....

Thoughts?

OK, sounds like it'll be cool to use it as a starting mag when I don't have to smack down a reload...

It'll go back to Wilson after the nats. ;)

That sounds like a good plan. As stated above, Wilson's warranty is as good as they come. A buddy had problems with some of his after dropping them on concrete at an indoor range over several years, and Wilson replaced them anyway.

I did that in a match!!!!! Lost count of rounds and could not top off ,slide locked back and i slamed that mag home a ripped off the stop. To say the least it took 3 fellas to get that sucker out of the gun. Lessons i learn are always the hard ones. Sent it to wilson and got a new one in 5 days. Thanks wilson.

chris ty 56076