Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Movie - Tombstone

Mark K

After reading this post I had to break out my DVD copy and watch it again. It is one of the few movies that I can watch over and over and still be equally entertained.

I grew up in Tucson and my best friend Jeff Devere's grandfather owned the Rose Tree Inn in Tombstone (his dad ran it last I heard from him). It is home to the worlds largest rose tree and is in the Guiness book of world records. We spent a lot of time there as kids. Stepped on a lot of ground that I am certain the Earps, Doc and the Clantons and Mclowrys did. It seemed to me that Tombstone would never get as commercialized as other places. In the 20 year span I spent time there it did not seem to change. It has been 10 years scince my last visit so maybee it has commercialized a bit, what famous place hasn't. They used to hold a festival of sorts called Helldorado (Maybee they still do) it was an incredible time and was the first I ever saw fast draw competition. The memories I hold of Tombstone may be part of why I like this movie so much.

Tombstone is one of the best.

One of my measures of a great movie is do I use lines from it. :cheers:

I'm your huckleberry

That's Latin, darlin'! It appears Mr. Ringo is an educated man. Now I really hate him!

I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You gonna do somethin'? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?

Edited by BSeevers

Definitely agree, one of my favorites too.

"What is that now? Twelve hands in a row? Holliday, son of a bitch, nobody's that lucky.

Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!"