Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NO Cell Phone!

open17

Around 9 AM this morning my cell phone--in a very nice voice--said "service lost". No kidding.

Lost ALL of my contact list---probably 250 numbers. Lost all my pix---including the one

of my 3 yr old grand-daughter that was the wallpaper. After a couple of hours with the

service tech, it will turn on, take pictures, beep at me and not much more. Totally braindead.

This wasn't some foo-foo fone, it was a Verizon GzOne. Shockproof. Dustproof. EMP shielded.

Waterproof. Supposed to take a lickin' and keep on phoning.

3 months left on contract. Replacement phone won't be here until Tuesday. Tried to get them

to re-activate my old Kyocera 2135 so I would at least have a phone--but NO, it's not E911

capable so they can't do that.

Guess I didn't really realize just how dependent I had become on the darned thing!!!!!

EMP?

You know something we don't

You can't go to a Verizon retail outlet?

Well maybe not a full out EMP-- but if you go to Albany tomorrow for the benefit match you might want to wear your foil hat.

Been to the Verizon store. For about 2 hrs today. They poked it, upgraded it, rebooted it,

consulted with the tech team on it, gave it person-to-phone CPR, and pronounced it "toast"----a technical term beyond my feeble comprehension.

I'm actually starting to see the humor in having it just sort of stop.

The (at the time) toughest phone on the block, and it died of indigestion instead of blunt force

trauma.

They didn't have another GzOne Type V is stock. No loaner phones, no suggestions.

Gave them $50 for a replacement which is supposed to show up Tuesday. My contact list,

calling history, pix etc. are all gone forever.

Bill

Knew if I looked hard enough I could find this post!

Maybe this might help with the new phone....

Thanks Carina. I'm standing in the Verizon store, just been told that my entire phone book had

evaporated into another universe. Trying to accept that all 250 or so contacts are lost---and

the nice girl says "we have a free download that backs up your contact list to your computer

daily, you might want to try it". Evidently my blood pressure meds are working---nothing blew.

Bill

Good control. I would have gone right off.

But sometimes when your stuffed you just got to ride it out.

I don't use my phone for anything but as a phone.

I know this is a bit late but I save evrything to the sim card. Just yank it out and put it in the new phone, ready to rock. Even after being run over the sim card will usually work, if nothing else does. I get my daughter to back the phone up to my laptop every now and then.