Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Preferred 38 Super brass

TonyT

I have used up my supply of Remington brass and am considering other options. Does Starline brass work well with the Ranch products moonclips? I know that the Starline 357 mag brass has a very wide groove resulting in very wobbly loaded moonclips.

FREE! Actually I have a SS super that I use for IDPA that was a comp gun before Hi Caps came out. I had Clark match barrels in both. Any brass has worked for me because I got it when it was cheap! Now Starline is the cheapest (last time I checked) so I would go with that.

JMHO

Richard

I have used up my supply of Remington brass and am considering other options. Does Starline brass work well with the Ranch products moonclips? I know that the Starline 357 mag brass has a very wide groove resulting in very wobbly loaded moonclips.

Win works for me in the moons. tight but not too tight

I received a $50 coupon for Starline brass and would like to use it. I have a plentiful supply of 9mm, 38 Special, 40 S&W and 45 ACP brass. I shoot a S&W 686 PC in 38 Super and if the moonclips work with Starline brass I would purchase some. I know that "extractor" cut on the 357 Mag Starline brass is cut too wide and deep resulting in very floppy loaded moonclips. I was hoping that the 38 Super Starloine brass would not have the same problem.

For a revolver I would go with Lapua or Hornady if TJ brass will work with moons. Primer pockets were inconsistent in the last batch of Starline as well as the cases being very short. I wasn't impressed to say the least.

Starline .38 Super brass worked best in my 627-4. Actually, it was the ONLY brass that fit well enough for match use. Winchester and Remington were too tight, though tolerable for practice with S&W and TK moonclips.

Dave Sinko

I contacted Starline, to ask about their tolerances, since I had some good and some bad moonclip starline brass. It was apparent after the conversation, that Starlines .38 Super brass is for semi autos, and all the brass that I had was in spec for use in semi autos. ( that is fine, and I love their brass for semi autos ).

Having said that, I have renewed all my competetion revolvervbrass with Remington, used in Heartcho ( the king of clips ) and have had no problems. :cheers: