Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PACT Mk3, Grrrrr

Spent about 4 hours at the range today chrono-ing .45 and .38 super loads.

Took 15-20 mins to line up the scrrens to the target, get the screens set up right, then another 10-15 mins to plunk rounds over the screens -(I use the light diffusers to help with the light)... raising them a little at a time. It seems the screens have to be shaded them from the sun (and had to move the shades 4x...), and finally get it working. Ran it for about 3 hours on a new 9volt batt, then the thing started giving me 200fps velocities on .38 super loads that should run 1100fps...

spare battery at home. There's gotta be an easier way.... does the CED have these problems? If I get the IR screens do I need to worry about shading?

Originally bought the Pact to be a timer (too big to drage around now......) as well as a chrono.

It may be time to enter the modern world.

I don't chrono a lot, but dont need to waste a half a day day cuz the light keeps changingand eats a battery in 3 hours...

Thanks!

Wayne

An easy way to get the light right that has worked for me...

Just put the 4 plastic diffuser holders on, and set a IPSC target over the top... keep the sunfrom shining direclty on the sensors..

Thanks, thats a good idea. Hate springing for ~$300 bucks when I am almost done chronoing my loads....

Wayne