Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tec loaders

I'm looking at taking my 1100 to the dark side and making an open gun out of it. Looking around for tec loaders online, it appears that they are only sold in two packs with a belt carrier. We all know that this is not near enough tubes, and there isn't room on a belt for that many holders. I'd look like I was wearing a black mini skirt! Of course if my opponents get grossed out and go home I will move up the list for the prize table, so there could be a good side to that idea. So do you have to buy 3 kits and an aftermarket holder, or is there some one that sells everything "a la carte" where I can simply buy what I need? Thanks for any ideas and help.

I'm not aware of any a la carte offerings other than the kits you reference. The problem there is you end up with way too many of the plastic brackets that go on the gun. I personally think it's a "marketing strategy". Only other option would be to find someone who has extras they want to sell.

I'm looking at taking my 1100 to the dark side and making an open gun out of it. Looking around for tec loaders online, it appears that they are only sold in two packs with a belt carrier. We all know that this is not near enough tubes, and there isn't room on a belt for that many holders. I'd look like I was wearing a black mini skirt! Of course if my opponents get grossed out and go home I will move up the list for the prize table, so there could be a good side to that idea. So do you have to buy 3 kits and an aftermarket holder, or is there some one that sells everything "a la carte" where I can simply buy what I need? Thanks for any ideas and help.

They only come as a kit. I asked about just buying tubes and was told that they did not want to break up the kits. One reason was they get the same amount of brackets on each mold cycle. 2 tubes and a bracket per cycle so no benefit to not include them. Wouldn't be any cost difference so they wouldn't be cheaper.