Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help finding a cabin to rent near Rio Salado

I might be asking too much here, but I am trying to plan a vacation in mid january. I'd like to hit the western states single stack match and maybe a club match if there are any around that time.

Anyway I need a place to stay for about a week and I will be bringing my wife, 1 yr old daughter and my 8 year old german shepard.

I have googled a bit for rental places and have found-

1) ritzy condos on golf courses

2) cabins in the mountains

The cabin the mountains would be great, but I am from Minnesota and want to thaw out. I don't want the elevation. One cabin I found claimed "30 degrees cooler than pheonix" I don't want that. The temperature is also the selling point for my wife for this trip.

The condo won't work for my dog. I don't want him barking at people nearby etc. I need to be able to walk him etc. They also seem a little too nice. I can keep my dog off the furniture and he isn't real destructive, but he's a dog. His nails scratch floors, his hair sheds. I'll pick up his messes and can vacuum but there are limits to what I can do.

Anyway my dream is a cabin available for rent, fairly private, within 2 hours of Rio Salado, fairly warm in January. Some kind of fenced yard would be wonderful but I know that would be unlikely. Maybe near or bordering a trail system or something to walk the mutt on...

I may end up looking at other states. I just want to go somewhere warm in Jan or Feb and shoot a match or two during an enjoyable trip for my family, and Arizona seemed pretty promising.

Edited by bofe954