Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pulling the trigger faster

Going fast is awesome....but honestly, how often do you NEED to pull sub-.15 sec splits?

~my $0.02~

-LK

Actually every time out .Being disabled I require a cane to walk along but try to not carry it while hobbling down a stage . One of the RO's becomes "Keeper of the Stick" and make sure to have it for me at the end. But I need to have as fast a time as possible to cover my lack of ground speed. :rolleyes:

I have squadded with Manny Bragg in two A5 matches, that he won, and he never shot a split under a .20, and I would bet real money that there weren't 10 splits in the entire match in either instance under a .25. Splits don't win matches, everything else does.

Going fast is awesome....but honestly, how often do you NEED to pull sub-.15 sec splits?

Why not just pull the trigger when you see your sights? Calling a good shot is infinitely more valuable a skill than have a quick split. I have only ever pulled a .12, and in my (limited) shooting experience I have never needed to split that fast.

Having a .07 split is trivial and only impressive in practice. No one (not anyone I shoot with regularly at least) cares whether someone pulls an amazing split during a stage, only whether they shot a smooth stage.

~my $0.02~

-LK

Being able to pull those splits is fun because it's something you have ragardless of skills... it'sa have or have not and is, in most cases, not earned. I can pull as fast as anyone, but it's useless other than an ego trip.

As to the .15 splits... more oftenthan you might think, but the transitions will always mean more in teerms of overall time. That's why when you watch the top dogs you think... hey, I can shoot that fast, or in some cases faster. The dif is they know how fast they can go and score well, but also, they don't waste all the time doing all the other stuff. Other stuff.... Ya, anything other than shooting. I've realized that the shooting is the easy part.. it's the ability to deal with everything else that is hard.

Something I just noticed last night... I pushed the limits and past... then I backed it down just a bit... when I got it right the feeling was robotic... I'm not going to elaborate.................

Edited by JThompson