Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where Is A Match?

sv45

Where in central Pa. do you live? The next match at Factoryville is 7/6. Call us crazy, but a friend of mine and I will be coming from south western Va. to shoot the match. Ken Hewett is the match director. His phone # is 570- 586-5306 after 3:30 PM. Email is bakerbuns@webtv.net.

Ken puts on a good match. Most of the shooters he gets go to the "Cup" every year where you won't find a better bunch. We skipped a match yesterday that was just 3 hours away to shoot this one which is a 7 hour drive.

The next match will consist of barricade, practical and plates.

If you decide you want to travel, I have a monthly match in Hinton, WV. We shoot all four of the "Cup" events. We also have a regional Sep 27th. Last year we had shooters from NY, VA, WV and Canada.

I live in altoona, it is right in the middle of the state. I will check map quest for the PA match. I have shot idpa ipsc and bullseye. I never shot action pistol and thought it looked fun. I have inlaws that live in WV wellsburg, do you have contact info and location of the WV matches?

thanks for your help

sv45

As far as a contact for the WV matches your conversing with him. The matches are held in Hinton. I'm not familiar enough with WV enough to know where Wellsburg is. I live in Va.

I have shot with a guy named Richard Gonsman from around your area. I believe he lives in Holidaysburg. I don't know what else he shoots but he came down for our regional a few years ago.

Our monthly matches are normally on Sat. but the next one is 7/13. If you think you can make it, let me know and I'll get you some directions.

If you could make the match at Factoryville that would be closer. Factoryville is just northeast of Scranton. Hope you can make it.

Kevin

• 1 month later...

http://members.libcom.com/actionpistol/

We shoot the 1st Sunday of each month and the drive time is around 2.5 hours. There are also 3 other clubs within about the same drive time that shoot on the other Sundays.

We have a Helicopter Based at Altoona Hospital, so I've made the drive a few times myself.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Regards,

John~