Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When a X classified shooter renews at match

I'm certain all the stats people are aware of the X listing in classification for 'members' who let their membership lapse for too long. Lapsed memberships are something you encounter at EVERY major match & I have typically sent out the following form letter about a week before the match:

When I checked the USPSA database online & through EzWinScore, your USPSA membership is listed as expired. The Summer Blast is a Level III match, and active USPSA membership is required to shoot the match.

I realize that the online information can be a bit out of date. If you have already renewed, bring proof of renewal to registration at the match (your new card, an online receipt or an email message from USPSA staff are all fine). USPSA is looking at unprocessed renewals for me, to be sure you renewal application & check is not at Sedro Woolley awaiting processing.

You can also renew at registration, if you prefer.

Thanks

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Summer Blast Statistician

My problem is the shooters who choose to renew at registration. Obviously, all the pre-printed things (labels, squad lists, etc) will still list class as X. If they renew at the match & I have no way to check classification, do I go with what is on their last card (or a 'stated' last classification - B class in this case) or do they shoot the match unclassified? Sunday morning at the match I will have no way to verify purged classifications with USPSA.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited to add: Summer Blast has been pretty much full since February. I guess I am seeing a lot of it since we were full 5 months early. Some of these shooters were active members when they sent the application in December or January.

Edited by LChico

If they renew at the match & I have no way to check classification, do I go with what is on their last card (or a 'stated' last classification - B class in this case) or do they shoot the match unclassified?

I had two shooters in that situation at Area-1. One was able to provide me with a copy of an email from Val at the USPSA office, acknowledging his renewal and stating that his prior classifications were restored (she listed them in the email). The other did not have an email, but "convinced" me that he had renewed, and showed me his most recent <prior> classification card. So, in both cases, I had enough info to restore them to a classification in the match, without resorting to asking "what class should you be in?"

It does raise an interesting question, though. We should see if there is a way to include enough information in the classification file so that stats can verify what the class "should be", in these circumstances, rather than just having an X to work with.

Bruce

This is not the place to ask official support questions like this, though please continue to put them here (it's a good question). I'll forward them to Roger Maier and Rob Boudrie. Thanks. Bn

Edited by wgnoyes

This is not the place to ask official support questions like this, though please continue to put them here (it's a good question). I'll forward them to Roger Maier and Rob Boudrie. Thanks. Bn

But it is a great place to get an answer on a Long holiday weekend.

Thanks

Linda Chico (L-2035)