Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shots dropping when going faster.

lugnut

Flex- I think your post is mostly likely something that will help me the most. I'm sure I'm milking the grip a tad. I need to continue working more on isolating my trigger finger movement more. It's easy for me to isolate when slow- when shooting faster it's more of a challenge and the problem gets magnified with speed/distance. I don't think I'm flinching and I'm sure my finger is correct on the trigger.

I shot an IDPA classifer today and feel a bit better (personal best). I shot it at 121.52 (with a botched reload at stage 3) which is just off Expert (<120.00s). My shots on stage 3 were grouped ok although the down ones were low. Total of 19 points down on stage 3 (6, 6, 7) with no misses. I'm getting there but I just see so much room for improvement still. At least I know what to work on.

Thanks for every's help.

You're problem is that you missed the Wed. night practice this week. HAHA Don't worry you didn't miss much as the weather was NASTY!!!! Are you shooting the USPSA match in Westfield this weekend? If so make sure you shoot on my squad.

There are 2 other MAJOR problem that you're having:

1.) You are loading on a Hornaday LnL. You need a "blue" press. HAHA

2.) You are shooting too much of that IDPA game. Shame on you!!! j/k

Pete

Something else to consider. If you sight in with a relaxed stance then start putting a lot of muscle behind the gun in a match you'll see a pretty consistent grouping of low shots.

It's important to do a final sight in as if in a match. One of the reasons for mutliple shot drills.

In a perfect world our grip, stance and pressures would all be equal all the time. To reach Master in anything will pretty much require you to become consistent.

I heard it said once that TGO has the same grip in practice as in a match, and was a contributing factor in his consistency.

Something else to consider. If you sight in with a relaxed stance then start putting a lot of muscle behind the gun in a match you'll see a pretty consistent grouping of low shots.

That's interesting. I'll try to check this because when I sight it in I use a pretty relaxed grip for sure.