Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I shoot alot by some people standards, always 2 sometimes 3 times a week and i was getting lazy about emptying my trunk when i got home.Until..................My buddy calls and his voice sound different "hi ,how are ya,blah blah blah"

"By the way my truck got stole last night from in front of my house"(in a very nice hood)WOW!

"They got my AR,mags,STI,and related gear along with other stuff that i left in there"

They found it a week later in a canal with a couple of close range shotgun blasts to the side(he did'nt have a shotgun in the truck).God knows when you might need a loaded ar when your out <_< (not LE)I don't know either :huh:

A week later a LE buddy stopped at a mall on his way to work and forgot to lock all the doors to his truck and he too lost an ar and a bolt gun ,they left the range bag with 2 g17s and related gear :(

Hearing this stuff sent chills down my spine as i remember making the same errors(not a loaded AR)with all my 3 gun gear

BEWARE

Oh yea i almost forgot "Just because the world is out to get you does'nt make you parinoid" :ph34r:

A friend of mine just got back from a job in Georgia. He'd been there a couple of months and had taken his gear along with him so he could shoot at some of the local clubs. The one night he doesn't take his gear out of the truck it gets stolen. A Para P-14 and several hi-caps and several hundred rounds of ammo gone. :o:angry::(

Insurance won't heal the wounds of the losses, but it sure can help ease the pain during recovery.

The NRA-sponsored arms care insurance is very reasonable and has a minimum of typical insurance policy weasel room.

And don't forget, you have $1000 of it automatically if you are an NRA member. It may not replace losing an entire 3-gun setup, but it can go a long way to replacing a Kimber and some magazines or a box-stock AR.

Thanks for adding to my paranoia guys :unsure:

I am seriously thinking about carrying all pistols in my car using one of those fire proof safes attached with a Krypton cable.

It wouldn't stop someone who stole the car, but it would make it very tough on someone just breaking into the car.

Maybe I could get one of those nice Liberty Safes to fit in the back of my Honda Element… Hmmm…

Add me to the list: 2002 parked my car 1 block from Baltimore city police station near inner harbor while having dinner IN TRANSIT from practice range N. of Baltimore to my home in VA. In less than 1.5 hrs, a junkie (Baltimore is FULL of junkies) broke into my car where I had foolishly lapsed in my habit of dis-abling the trunk latch; theif made off w/ a $400+ Ruger MK II pin gun w/ Volquartsen comp & Red dot. Here is the best part: I did a quick check of car but not the trunk b/c it was downtown Baltimore at night in the rain. Got home, discovered theft and called Baltimore PD: "Sorry, we don't take theft reports. You will have to make the interstate trip to report it in person." Me: "Don't you care to add this to your NICS system? That gun is not listed as stolen if you don't. I don't care about the theft report, just take the Ser. number and add it to NICS" PD "Sorry, come back to MD". ATF was a little more sympathetic, but not helpful - they would not add it to NICS - no matter which office I visited. Some of us have jobs & lives and we care about whats right - apparently bearucratic rules are sometimes more important than doing the right thing. I had to wait a week & spend a day just to drive back into MD to fill out the report.

BTW, 2 friends have had handguns stolen from cars in Area 8 w/ in the last 6 mo.

If given a choice in VA to leave my guns where they might get into the hands of criminals and bringing those same guns into a restaurant w/ my CCW and where I cannot have those same guns "concealed" - even Concelaed in a shooting bag (loaded or not - I do not see a difference in the current law), what do you think I should do?

Unfortunately, there is little you can do other than beef up the locking system on your trunk. But seven dead bolts and three padlocks look kinda cheesy on the back of most vehicles.

Of course you could always get one of those military surplus claymores....... :D:D:D

Dennis

If given a choice in VA to leave my guns where they might get into the hands of criminals and bringing those same guns into a restaurant w/ my CCW and where I cannot have those same guns "concealed" - even Concelaed in a shooting bag (loaded or not - I do not see a difference in the current law), what do you think I should do?

If you can't move to America proper, you might want to consider the ol' "don't ask, don't tell" policy.