Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 327 PC Jerry Miculek version

TonyT

I made the plunge and purchased the 327 JM version with Ti cylinder and barrel shroud. While I cannot get the trigger as light as my 627 PC it is more than acceptable. Recoil is much snappier than the 627 but it appears to come back to target faster. I will put another 500 rounds through it before deciding if it's a keeper.

Tony,

Are you happy with that 327 JM. I'm looking for one now. Cant find one though.

Edited by speed

Speed,

I have not been able to get to a match during the last month or so. I hope to get to one during the next 3 weeks. I'll let you know if my arthritic joints can handle the exta "oomph". If it hurts me more than my 627 I'll put it up for sale.

Tony

I made the plunge and purchased the 327 JM version with Ti cylinder and barrel shroud. While I cannot get the trigger as light as my 627 PC it is more than acceptable. Recoil is much snappier than the 627 but it appears to come back to target faster. I will put another 500 rounds through it before deciding if it's a keeper.

Tony,

Speed,

I have not been able to get to a match during the last month or so. I hope to get to one during the next 3 weeks. I'll let you know if my arthritic joints can handle the exta "oomph". If it hurts me more than my 627 I'll put it up for sale.

Tony

Tony,

Ok sounds good. Hope it hurts! ....only joking. Let me know. Is it the old style 5" with scandium frame and titanium cylinder?

Speed,

Tony

Tony,

Ok sounds good. Hope it hurts! ....only joking. Let me know. Is it the old style 5" with scandium frame and titanium cylinder?

I know.... it does kick more than 627 I'm used to snappy kick though.

Thanks

al

• 2 weeks later...

I added a Luepold-Gilmore red dot sight to the S&W 327 JM and shot a local match. I was very pleased with the guns performance. It seemed to get back on target with less "bounce" than my 627. With the lower power loads I can shoot an entire match without feeling any pains in the wrist. It's a keeper!

• 3 years later...

Good Afternoon Jerry,

A 327 JM is product 170254. It was only made around 2008. I do not know how many were made. Google 327 JM or S&W 170254 and you should see some pictures.

The gun is a N frame. The frame is scandium. The barrel shroud and cylinder are titanium and it has the JM grips. The gun came in a PC zippered gun rug. Picking up the rug, does not feel like a gun is inside, as the 327 JM is that light.

I saw one on Gunbroker several months ago and decided to wait to bid at the last minute. The seller pulled the gun before the auction end as there were not any bids! I really liked the way the gun looks and I was looking for a light weight, long barrel, 8 shot revolver for steel challenge. I have a 327 PD but the barrel is only 4 inches. The 327 JM is 5 inches.

Sorry it took me a few days to reply, we were at IDPA Nationals.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning,

Well, none of the original posters have noticed this revised thread, so I will report back after I have run the gun is some matches.

Keeping with the lightweight theme, I have acquired a 386 XL Hunter and replaced the seven shot cylinder with a 686 six shot cylinder. I am going to run the 386 in ICORE Classic.