Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 20/21 Tungsten Or Brass Magwells

dnuke146

Unfortunatley there is no good magwell for the large frame guns. No brass or Tung that I know of and all the large frame MWs I have seen are a poor design (angels and cuts etc).

I use a brass seattle slug and some reshaping of the plastic for my large frame guns, so far its the best option.

Lightning Strike made (don't know if they are still in business or if they still make it) a stainless magwell for the large frame Glocks. I had to do a lot of grinding/shaping to get it like I wanted and where it would take all basepad designs, but afterward I was happy with it and it added weight. Other than the option CGR mentioned, I don't know of any other choices.

DNuke --- JP made (still makes??) a brass magwell for large frame Glocks. In fact, I have a slightly used one setting in front of me as I type this. It weighs approximately three ounces. It retailed for $59.95, I'd be inclined to part with it for $30 shipped in the CONUS.

If interested e-mail me at: rocketman@rmci.net

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Now that I have safely ordered and received mine, I wanted to pass this info along.....JP Enterprises has a few Brass magwells for Large frame glocks left. I had to use my portalble milling machine(dremel) to remove a small amount of material from the front for the finger groove but other than that works well. Cost was $59.95 + S&H, don't know how many they have left, they told me a few.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...