Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian mags

What is the mag capacity for a caspian frame in a open gun and were to get them?

Thanks

Joe

Joe,

Caspian mags in an OEM configuration for 38 Super/9mm hold 19rds. EGW sells a basepad that increases this to 21. Jim Anglin who posts here under jjanglin will weld two together to a 170mm length that will hold 28-29.

Caspian is the source for the OEM.

Alan

Alan, do you know if the 40 basepads will work on the Super mags? 21 rounds reloadable in a 40/140 took me about 5 minutes.....

Howard,

Not on the original Caspian Mags. But there is another mag for 38Super in the works or so I hear. :ph34r:

Alan

Thanks Alan, that is what I thought but it doesn't hurt to ask.

That is good news on the Super mags, the new 40 mags are REALLY nice, I haven't seen many yet but what I have seen have been better than anything else right out of the package. I'd like to see them made a little longer (think 200 grain bullets and Clays) but overall they are a very nice magazine.

Thanks for the info, Howard.

Thanks Alan, that is what I thought but it doesn't hurt to ask.

That is good news on the Super mags, the new 40 mags are REALLY nice, I haven't seen many yet but what I have seen have been better than anything else right out of the package. I'd like to see them made a little longer (think 200 grain bullets and Clays) but overall they are a very nice magazine.

Thanks for the info, Howard.

I did see a prototype 38Super Mag at the Area 8, had the limited mag base pad and the mag should be a 170, needless to say it would not fit the gauge with that basepad

George Jones ran a Caspian Open gun on my stage and it held 30+1. (I, of course, asked George if he had a mag gage I could borrow.)

I assume he was running Super Comp...???

To fit the gauge he would have had to been running rimless at 30 + 1.

The mag Jim Anglin made for me is awesome, it holds 28 + 1.

If the stage is more than 26 rounds I just figure a mag change some where and might only use my 19 round mags.

FM

George Jones ran a Caspian Open gun on my stage and it held 30+1. (I, of course, asked George if he had a mag gage I could borrow.)

I assume he was running Super Comp...???

I think that is one of the Craig mags tha tFred Craig had which were not his welded mags. But I could be wrong

Alan

"I bought that mag from Bucky P. years ago. It's an old Craig Caspian long stick with (I think) a Dawson +2. I don't know about the follower. The base pad is shaved slightly at the rear corner to easily fit in the mag gauge. It holds 29 anytime, 30 if Case-Pro'd." - George J.

I think there was one for sale in the classified section recently.