Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP GS-5 Lo pro gas block will it fit under Larue?

bladewurk

That looks a little too...angled...to fit under a LaRue. I've been playing with different adjustable gas blocks for a while now, and the only one that I've managed to fit under a LaRue was the PRI.

http://www.pri-mounts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc...de=AR15_M16_ACC

05-075-03_L.JPG

I did have to remove remove one of the "vertical" supports and thus enlarge the port directly over the adjustment section of the gas block, but it works just fine (and was quite easy to do). Get the gas block set with the handguard loose, then install and tighten the two handguard mounting bolts ;)

Here is a cruddy picture of how it turned out, PRI adjustable gas block on a mid-length 18" barrel under a LaRue handguard (the rifle works great with a titanium carrier and a full-weight buffer...with the gas dialed WAY back)

AR_18midlength_1.jpg

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
That looks a little too...angled...to fit under a LaRue. I've been playing with different adjustable gas blocks for a while now, and the only one that I've managed to fit under a LaRue was the PRI.

http://www.pri-mounts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc...de=AR15_M16_ACC

05-075-03_L.JPG

I did have to remove remove one of the "vertical" supports and thus enlarge the port directly over the adjustment section of the gas block, but it works just fine (and was quite easy to do). Get the gas block set with the handguard loose, then install and tighten the two handguard mounting bolts ;)

Here is a cruddy picture of how it turned out, PRI adjustable gas block on a mid-length 18" barrel under a LaRue handguard (the rifle works great with a titanium carrier and a full-weight buffer...with the gas dialed WAY back)

AR_18midlength_1.jpg

That looks like my rifle! I have an 18 inch Sabre Defense fluted barrel under a 13.2 Larue...

I'm gonna have to do this..

Alex

Do I need a Mill or Dremel for the handguard Mods?

The PRI has a lot of "meat" at the gas set screw...which is why I like 'em :)

The LaRue handguard mods were easy with just hand tools. Small wire cutters to snip the offending strut short, a file to square the hole back up, and a few drops of Aluminum Black to make it all 'tactical' again :D

Alex