Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Read The Course Description

ErikW

I finally got my Limited mojo working, for the first time in a long while. New mag springs are working great, RecoilMaster is doing its thing, LocTite and silicone are holding the Bo-Mar together, and I'm hitting everything. I'm getting 95% or more of the stage points, getting 1 D and 2-5 Cs per stage. One stage I went 13 for 13 on steel and I'm in the hunt for a stage win. I just have to coast through this last field course before the 8-round classifier, then I should be right up there among the 7 Masters at this match.

I went 6 for 6 on the steel plates, flung my requisite D, and unloaded. RO says I wasn't in the box for the last array of 3 IPSC targets and a plate. I said I didn't have to be. We checked the written description, proceed to box D and engage targets. Neener neener, I proceeded to it. It didn't say I had to engage targets from the box. Well, not initially when we had our walk-through. But now, clearly added in blue pen to the initial black-penned description, from box D only. RO does some calculating and figures it's an advantage. Seven procedural penalties on a 23-round course. Goodbye high OA. Goodbye 1st M.

The first squad had amended the course description to prevent gamers like me from doing what I did. I did not read the course description when my squad shot the stage. I was the second shooter so I didn't have the benefit of watching everybody shoot from the box.

This another reason why I like freestyle.

I hate them damn boxes :) I tend to point out the gamey things I see to the stage RO ahead of time (before the match starts) so they can either fix it, or give me a diffinative answer so I don't have to try to argue why it is legal (after the fact.) If I win I want it to be on my shooting, not a poorly designed stage.