Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 26 recoil spring assembly

Cuz

I just acquired a Glock 26. I am wondering about how many rounds or how often the recoil spring assembly should be replaced. It's a different recoil spring than I have on any of my other Glocks. I'm thinking I should buy a couple to have "on hand" as spares.

Thanks,

-Cuz

Cuz, I have not put the number of rounds through my G26 that I have fed by G34, but alas still feel vindicated to answer your question:

I have never, nor have heard of an instance, of someone wearing out their recoil assembly in a sub-compact Glock. That being said, I have at least one spare of everything that could break in my competition gun, and believe that it is prudent to be ready for Murphy's Law to rear its spiteful head. If you are on a spare parts run, and this goes for all Glocks in competition, I would recommend the following:

1 recoil assembly

3 of each spring (mag release, trigger, striker, safety plunger)

1 locking block

1 ejector

1 extractor

3 sets of spring cups

1 striker

1 trigger bar

2 sets of pins

There's a guy on GlockTalk that tells everyone that will listen (or read, whatever) that the recoil spring assembly in his new 27 came apart after 100 rounds.

Allegedly, Glock tech support was telling some people to replace the recoil spring assemblies for subcompacts every 3000 rounds. Others were told 5000.

I've put more than 3000 through my 26 on the same recoil spring assy. I've got a spare, but the old one still looks quite servicable, so I haven't changed it out.

If you feel like you need to change it, then change it. They're not that expensive. Otherwise. . .

Thanks for the info. I will surely order one soon to have as a spare and I guess I won't worry about it too much. I don't expect to shoot this all that much so maybe I'll end up replacing it every few years just because...

-Cuz.

I can't speak for the G26 because I don't have one YET but the used G30 I bought had a spring flatened and looked like it was ready to pop off the end of the recoil assembly. I try to shoot all my guns at least once a month so they don't get lonely and think I have forgotten them. Let you know after the GSSF Match how the recoil assembly looks.