Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stippling and Painting...

Seth

I started messing with stippling my Edge a month or so back and had a buddy that really liked the results. He brought me his spare and agreed to let me do whatever I wanted to it, so I took a cue from G-manbart and made a bigger tip. We both liked the outcome so much that I took a spare blue grip I had and tried the same stipple and painted it. The paint isn't quite cured yet (takes 7 days), but I think its going to be good and tough.

The painted one would look great on a hard chromed pistol, I think. Its a dark silver with a metallic flake.

Seth

sti2.jpg

grip.jpg

painted.jpg

I have tried both. The outcome is more consistent with a fully sanded grip. I mostly use a die grinder with a flexible disc to take the checkering off. I haven't tried undercutting yet, as neither myself nor my buddy has cared. That's next.

Seth

I have tried both. The outcome is more consistent with a fully sanded grip. I mostly use a die grinder with a flexible disc to take the checkering off. I haven't tried undercutting yet, as neither myself nor my buddy has cared. That's next.

Seth

Looks great Seth! What sort of paint did you use?

Once you see how they feel with the undercut you'll never go back. There are a bunch of different options you have when you do the undercut that pretty much depend on hand size and what sort of feel you're looking for. I'm going to be in Fredericksburg VA for the next six weeks and I'm shooting the VA/MD sectional, so if you want to chat about grips for a couple of minutes, give me a shout. R,

Excellent!!! We're shooting Area 8 Championships next week and then VA/MD Sectionals 2 weeks later.

Shoot me an email and lets catch up!

seth@offroadmarketing.com

Seth

Can you tell me how you learned to stipple with a dremel? What heads did you use? How long did it take?

Thanks

I'm pretty certain he's not using a dremel to stiple....a soldering iron or wood burning iron are the most common. It takes me about an hour to sand/grind/trim a grip to get it ready to stiple and then anywhere from half an hour to an hour to do the stipling.