Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for 10 round S&W 945 mags

wooddog

I wondered if there are base pads or some other mods that people have done or know of. I happen to like my 945 and since it's not legal in single stack, it would be nice to get the extra two rounds for limited ten.

I asked at www.speedshooterspecialties.com but he does not know of any but thought i'd send it out to the masses

Edited by wooddog

Hey Tim,

When I had one I used some 10 rounders from ProMag that were made for another SW and then had the motch recut to the same spot as the 945. I can't remember the model I got from ProMag.

Steve

Hey Tim,

When I had one I used some 10 rounders from ProMag that were made for another SW and then had the motch recut to the same spot as the 945. I can't remember the model I got from ProMag.

Steve

Thats what I remember, but can't recall the model either. Think I'll call S&W PC center and see what they say.

Might even sacrafice a couple and try to talk Jeremy into welding one to try if I don't get anywhere with S&W... Thanks guys

We have some in the shop that we're working on now, I figured we'd give it a shot and see what happens. We should be finished the first of the week and I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kenny

I wondered if there are base pads or some other mods that people have done or know of. I happen to like my 945 and since it's not legal in single stack, it would be nice to get the extra two rounds for limited ten.

I asked at www.speedshooterspecialties.com but he does not know of any but thought i'd send it out to the masses

I have seen some guys around here use the 10 rnd promags for the 4506 series guns and recut the mag catch slot in a fixture of sorts. Most of them said the promag didn't function all that great though.

We have some in the shop that we're working on now, I figured we'd give it a shot and see what happens. We should be finished the first of the week and I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kenny

Sounds good, let me know

Tim

The first one worked great, we ran 200 rounds through it with no problems at all. We should have a batch ready for the web site this week.

Cool! I will look at the web site and order a couple when I see them there

• 1 month later...