Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Mod23 .40 converted to 9mm for USPSA Competition

Randy C

I have a Glock 23 .40 Cal. that had been by primary LEO duty weapon for the past 10 years. I recently switched to the Springfield XD45 as my primary duty weapon. (it fits my hand better) I also plan to shoot USPSA L10 with the XD45. The Glock 23 is now sitting in my safe. I thought of selling the Glock 23, but as an after thought am considering dropping in a 9mm conversion barrel and a magazine extender so that the grip fills my hand better. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not looking for more magazine capacity, only a longer butt.

I looked at the USPSA rules for Limited 10 division and it appears that I can use a replacement barrel as long as the barrel is the same length as the stock barrel. Would this allow me to use the 9mm conversion barrel in limited 10 as long as the length is the same? Also, would I be in violation of the L10 rules by extending the grip length?

I reading the USPSA rules for Production division, it appears that switching barrel calibers would be a rule violation. Am I correct?

Even if I can't use the converted Mod. 23 for competition, I can use it for a cheaper to shoot practice and carry gun as well as being able to shoot lead reloads.

Thanks

Randy

Randy Cooley

Maker of Custom Concealed Holsters

Edited by Randy C

Unless I'm missing something, you will be able to legally shoot your XD in every division except single stack and revolver.

I am almost certain that a Glock 40 frame and slide with a 9 barrel is legal for production. If not someone will chime in. Main thing is go shoot and enjoy.

+1

A big negative on caliber conversion in Production. Not sure about Lim10, but you can't use a 23, 22, or 35 as a 9mm no matter how long or short the bbl.

After reading the rules for production, thats what I thought. The Llmited10 rules only specify that replacement barrels must be the same size as the origional barrel. Caliber conversions are not mentioned. The XD45 will be my primary competitive pistol in L10. I kinda like the idea having 2 pistols I can compete with.

Even if I don't use the 9mm conversion for competition, it will be cheaper to shoot then my XD45.

In L10 you would want the 40sw anyway over the 9mm to make major where the 9mm is minor

If I decide to shoot the Glock 23 with the .40 barrel in L10 can I at least use a magazine extension so the pistol will fit my rather large hand better?

In L10 you would want the 40sw anyway over the 9mm to make major where the 9mm is minor

If I decide to shoot the Glock 23 with the .40 barrel in L10 can I at least use a magazine extension so the pistol will fit my rather large hand better?

yes!!!!!