Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My 610 has a problem

vrmn1

On one chamber with just a little pressure the cylinder will turn back.

The edge at the lead in and the bolt notch is a bit rounded but there is still enough face that it should and does lock but a little pressure will turn it back.

Do you think a bolt spring will fix this or at least put off replacing the cylinder a bit.

Or should I look at something else?

On one chamber with just a little pressure the cylinder will turn back.

The edge at the lead in and the bolt notch is a bit rounded but there is still enough face that it should and does lock but a little pressure will turn it back.

Do you think a bolt spring will fix this or at least put off replacing the cylinder a bit.

Or should I look at something else?

You might look at the top of the cylinder bolt right behind the part that engages the notch. There is a step running the width of the bolt that is

higher than the rest of the top surface. That part determines how far up the bolt can go into the notch. You can file some off of the step to

allow the bolt to sit up higher. If you do that, you have to make sure that it doesn't go up too high or the front part of the trigger can't reset

for the next pull. Also, make sure to have a full length bolt spring (not cut off). Check the top crown on the bolt to see that it hasn't got a flat

worn on it by the cylinder. It's very unlikely that you would need a new cylinder, maybe a new bolt or spring.

It's called the cylinder stop. On a Smith revolver, the bolt is a completely different part altogether.

(Not trying to be picky here, I just don't want people ordering the wrong parts.)

A new MIM cylinder stop (which usually will not need fitting, unlike the older forged stops) and cylinder stop spring will probably fix the problem.

It's called the cylinder stop. On a Smith revolver, the bolt is a completely different part altogether.

(Not trying to be picky here, I just don't want people ordering the wrong parts.)

A new MIM cylinder stop (which usually will not need fitting, unlike the older forged stops) and cylinder stop spring will probably fix the problem.

I does get confusing between the different brands. The part that stops and locks the cylinder on a Colt revolver is called a bolt.

I defer to Mr. President.

Here this usually helps

xsectionrevolver.jpg