Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Browning Gold

RickG

Looking at the Browning catalog all the synthetic golds have a 1 3/4" drop at comb a 2" drop at the heal and 14 1/4" LOP, even there turkey and scoped deer models.

Remember to shoulder it like a shotgun not a rifle.

You may want to try a shim from Winchester, or an add on cheek rest?

Rick,

do you want to raise the cheekpiece because of the high rib on the gun, I must admit I have an SX2 without optics and do find I am shouldering it and having to adjust it to look down the rib. It seems slower than shouldering my remmy, or maybe I just need to get used to it.

Blkbrd

can I ask what the difference between shouldering it like a shotgun and not like a rifle means. I dont know much about shouldering rifles and would shoulder a rifle in the same manner. Maybe I am doing it wrong!

cheers

Mike-

The rib is fairly low on my gold (28" barrel), it's just the stock is super low. I have to lift my head to even see the bead. My Remington’s have trap stocks on them their about 1 7/16" drop at the comb, and the comb is parallel to the rib. The Gold Micro has a higher stock so does the Ladies Clays, the Ladies Clays also comes ported. Anyone want to trade some wood for some plastic?

Scooter-

Mine didn’t come with any shims, must be an accessory.

Rich,

I know nothing about drops or how to measure them. As the SX2 and Gold are almost identical I figured they maybe the same. I messed about with mine tonight and think I will just get used to the different sight picture along the rib which is much more raised than a remmy. Its more like a trap rib, with a definite angle near the receiver. Looking at Winchesters web site it seems normal on their barrels.

How do I measure this drop ?

Have you tried calling Browning? They are about $7 a piece. Mine came with all three spacers.

Take a look to see if you have a spacer between the receiver and the stock or try pulling the butt stock off. #1 is the highest and #3 is the lowest.

Scooter-

I pulled the stock, no shims. It appears with no shims it’s in its lowest possible position. I wadded up some paper in between the stock and the receiver, it looks like there's enough adjustment. I looked on browning online store for the shim, no luck, I’ll call them.

Rick