Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

14mm base pads

Resjudicata

Does anyone know of a 14mm base pad for STI/SVI widebody mags?

I have a couple shorter mags with 11mm base pads on them that get 19 rounds which isn't bad but I'm checking to see if I can get full capacity out of them. They measure at 138mm with the current base pads now so I have room to increase length with a 14mm base pad if such a thing exists.

Thanks,

Chris

It sounds like you have the 126mm mags, this is what you need for IPSC Standard class, but for USPSA Limited you want 140mm.

Don't know of a 14mm pad, but Dawson made a "Just Right" base pad for STI/SVI which is longer than the +2 pads. This might do what you want. It gives 25 rounds in a 38 Super on a 140. With STI mags you will have to use a mag insert, not sure about SVI.

I put a Dawson "Just Right" base pad on a 126mm STI tube and it is too long for the gauge.

edited to add last line of text.

Edited by CenTX

These are two older SV tubes that measure at just a pubi_ hair over 127mm.

I have 9 140mm STI tubes with base pads etc. that all hold 20 (some reloadable). I don't really need the SV's to have 20 in them but thought I would ask around to see if anyone has heard of a 14mm pad. Otherwise, I'll just use them as reloadable 19's which is good enough as backups.

Chris

Oh it's all good fun. In the past Austin would ask me to set up 22 round stages because he was shooting Minor Limited and could get 22 rounds in his mags. LOL Most of the time I set up anywhere from 24 to 32 round stages and make it as fun for everyone that I can.

Joe W.