Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Props Under Gun

chill5500

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen several people shooting open with squared off comps. The guns will stand up on there own.

When the walk through says flat on table, then the argument was "the bottom of the comp is flat" They were allowed to do it.

My question is, If the the gun were to tip over is it considered a dropped gun resulting in a DQ?

I have seen several people shooting open with squared off comps. The guns will stand up on there own.

When the walk through says flat on table, then the argument was "the bottom of the comp is flat" They were allowed to do it.

My question is, If the the gun were to tip over is it considered a dropped gun resulting in a DQ?

I would not call it a DQ unless it fell off the table, or turned uprange.

I might point and laugh.

:lol:

Go to USPSA web site. There is a clear definition of the dropped gun. That is, if the gun leaves your hands, it is dropped and DQ is issued for unsafe gun handling. The gun does not have to reach the floor. You may even catch it in air safely pointing down the range. No matter what you are going home.

Setting the gun on the table would be the same - your responsibility is that it would not tip over and/or fall.