Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Masters Golf

tightloop

I, too, have a hard time understanding how anyone thinks Tiger "checks-out" mentally, in matches, if the going gets rough, or otherwise...Personally, I'm amazed he hasn't gone screaming and crazy into the night, when the Golf Gods allow the unknown to grab a major. And it's refreshing to see some anger and spite and glee given the usual robot-like Tour player.

People laud Leatham's dominance, and rightfully so, but the talent base of practical shooting is microscopic compared to golf.

Didn't we have this conversation, already? Fishing slow, Tightloop?

I have posted some comments about Tiger...and as you can guess, I am not his biggest fan...I applaud his skill but I am glad that some of the younger players show the gumption or fortitude, whatever you want to call it, that they just don't give up and roll over like Els and Mickelson and some of the others of his generation seem to do when he is close to the lead...He will continue to be a factor, but this new generation doesn't have the fear factor that has kept him on top for the last 10 yrs. You heard it here first. B)

If you want some emotion, Google Tommy Bolt and read some of that..his clubs had more air miles than Continental, and a guy named Ky Laffoon back in the 30's used to tie his putter to the bumper of his car and drag it to the next tourney to punish it for bad putting, he has also been known to "drown" it in a greenside water hazzard and shoot it with a pistol after a tournament if it offended him. There have been some real characters on the tour in the past and even some currently...Peter Jacobson is a real laugh riot, and Bruce Lietzke's caddy was so irked with his lack of practice that he put a banana peel inside the head cover of his driver just to see how long it would take Bruce to find it...BTW it stayed there all Fall and Winter and he finally found it in the Spring when he got around to wanting to play some more.... :D

Fishing is great...been tearing them up on the fly rod this Spring and plan a trip for reds and trout with the kayak and flyrod when the water gets a little warmer.

Well I do know it ain't my yard. Way too much grass for me to mow, and no cars on blocks.

I would like to ask that nice lady "who the hell is that guy who got hit with an ugly stick next to you?"

Are there any fish in that pond behind you? Two birds one stone situation here.

Edited by gm iprod

Anyone recognize this location? We had just finished taping the opening of the show on Sunday morning.

BTW, that is the new GF

Looks like just off the 16th green at Agusta...right?

Correct

For shame, your tie does not match the azaleas in the background. Wonder what McCord would say about that if he were there? BTW, how is Faherty getting along with his recovery from his bike accident?

Anyone recognize this location? We had just finished taping the opening of the show on Sunday morning.

BTW, that is the new GF

Correct

For shame, your tie does not match the azaleas in the background. Wonder what McCord would say about that if he were there? BTW, how is Faherty getting along with his recovery from his bike accident?

I talked to David on Friday. He is a mess. Jerry Pate grabbed him from behind and re-dislocated his shoulder. He recovery is not going that great

BTW, that is the new GF

Correct

I talked to David on Friday. He is a mess. Jerry Pate grabbed him from behind and re-dislocated his shoulder. He recovery is not going that great

Jerry should have been more careful...he knows what it is like...didn't he have surgery on one of his shoulders?

BTW, that is the new GF

Correct

Jerry should have been more careful...he knows what it is like...didn't he have surgery on one of his shoulders?

Yes he did, but he is a bit of a dick