Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scale/powder combo equipment

Is anybody using the RCBS ChargeMaster Powder 1500 Scale/Dispenser Combo?

Do you like it?

Is there something better?

Just starting to load .308 on a rock chucker and was wondering what you guy's are using and if I should upgrade my powder drop and scale from the standard ones that came with the kit. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Is anybody using the RCBS ChargeMaster Powder 1500 Scale/Dispenser Combo?

Do you like it?

Is there something better?

Just starting to load .308 on a rock chucker and was wondering what you guy's are using and if I should upgrade my powder drop and scale from the standard ones that came with the kit. Thanks.

I am surprised no one answered you on this. You can go a few of ways:

1. Stick with your system - however, I don't use a powder throw for rifle.

2. Use dippers and a scale. you can trinkle the fine adjustment either by dipper or trickler.

3. RCBS ChargeMaster combo - I LOVE this system. you can run a charge, charge a case and seat your bullet and your next charge is ready for the next round. Very precise for rifle. I will say that I don't use the ChargeMaster Combo for pistol because it is too slow. For Pistols that I still load single stage(I have a couple of XL650's that are set up for 9mm and 45acp.), I use my old faithful RCBS Uniflow.

Cheers, Mate. :cheers:

Edited by poidog

Hey, thanks for your response. I had forgotten about this post.

And welcome to the forum :cheers:

That's exactly the response I was looking for. Glad to here the combo works good. As I said I'm just starting to work up loads for .308 and have been setting the powder drop to come in just under and trickle the rest. I also use the dillon for pistol.

Now have to decide whether to get the combo or get the dillon conversion kit and go that route. Per granule accuracy vs. production? I only have 1500rds. to load. What else am I gonna do with all my free time :rolleyes:

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've owned both the Chargemaster and the Pact. The Pact is a little slower than the RCBS, however, the first RCBS I had died in the warranty period and was replacedat no charge. I never had any confidence in the Pact scale.