Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

my taurus 1911 is groovey

Beretta Lover

just a heads up on what looks to be a good deal

I bought a taurus 1911 (no rail) at a recent gun show for 579 out the door.

so far it has about 350 - 400 rds with zero malfunctions exept for some magazine related issues with one of my wilson 47Ds

I fixed that magazine (it ran poorly with a kimber single stack as well) and it works with that one too.

I added an Ed B magwell, a dawson FO front sight and some gunner grips (they're OK)

I replaced the mainspring and recoli spring and did some dehorning on the rear of the slide

The trigger has begun to break in nicely

The slide and frame are forged, the fit of the gun is really pretty good

It has a checkered front strap and the stock MSH was made of steel

It has ambis that look alot like Ed Bs as well

It shot pretty low with the stock heinie fron and rear, the dawson front seemed to help out with elevation with 230 hardball

accuracy out to 25yds is within around 3 .5 inches easy

I had considered a spartan, but to be honest I had read the spartan MSH was poorly fit on the gun writers test gun and I figured this gun would be just as good

I bought this gun as a back up for my kimber 45 for single stack division shooting and Im pretty happy with it

The only complaint I have heard of on the web was some guy complaining that the parked finish was wearing out from presentations out of a kydex holster (?)

anyway I recommend this one for a good basic starter gun, HD, or basic shooting needs

I think these guns are going to prove to be a sleeper