Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which sights do the new Witness Elite Match come with now?

I bought the Match with the new sights and they suck! Could not focus on the front sight because the rear sight offered a horrible sight picture. It was too busy. To make matters worse the front sight sets to low. It is very hard to pick up even with a better rear sight. I contacted EAA and attempted to find out the cut on the slide to order a replacement. They transferred me to the gunsmith, he did not know and stated the slide was cut just for that sight and he doubted you could find anything to replace it. He also stated the new sights were very nice. Well he was right about one thing, there is no replacement sights available. I respectfully disagreed with him concerning the new sight.

Why can't people who work for gun companies actually use their products? The new sight looks nice setting on your desk inside, but they don't work. Well to make a long story short. I order a Hennie adjustable with a Novak cut. About one hour with a file, a sander, and some sandpaper it fit real nice. The difference was dramatic! After fitting the gun with the new sights and I really realized how much the original sights sucked. Well I took a front sight and reshaped it. Once again it confirmed how bad the original sights were.

The front sight took a little longer to shape, however I am not a talent person and accomplished it, so believe me anyone else can complete this. I just went real slow and the only bad thing is it does not fill up the whole cut in the front slide the long way. But it fits nice and tight and works. I had read a lot of post stated how accurate the Witness Match was, well with the new sights it is a fact. With the original factory sights I could not even get reliable head shots at 25 yards, now no sweet. The guns accuracy revivals any 1911 I have ever owned. Including an Ed Brown.

The Witness Match will shoot with the right sights. One last thing if anyone knows anyone with EAA tell them to drop the current sights. Why build such a nice gun and put junk sights on it? It is like buying a Super nice sports car without high performance tires. I am going to try out the Witness maybe this weekend at ISPC match if I can get EAA to get my extra magazines out to me.

Jam-man, please share some pics of your work!

I was initially disappointed with the sights on the Match as they were not what I was expecting, but I just blacked out the white dots and have been shooting it. My feeling is, it's a great inexpensive gun so I didn't want to dump a whole lot of time or money into it.

~Mitch

One last thing if anyone knows anyone with EAA tell them to drop the current sights. Why build such a nice gun and put junk sights on it? It is like buying a Super nice sports car without high performance tires.

Two issues with that. 1st EAA doesn't seem to listen to anybody. 2nd I believe Tanfoglio builds the gun as EAA specs hence the reason Limiteds no longer have the nice $125 aluminum grips but rather the antique looking checkered wood....

• 1 year later...