Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli m2 what modification ? dream shotgun/open

OK guys, what would you guys build if you had a dream shot gun for an open class.

I have decided for a benelli m2 but what barrel length and what modification would you do

in order of preference. I have fairly good hands that most modification can be done by me but please

let me know what modification I should really pay for so I dont screw up the reliability of the gun.

Pro Tips AMU

SSG Johnson and PFC Horner have the 6th video here to tell exactly what your shotgun needs.

I can say that having the loading gate shortened and the magazine tube and loading port work done is essential! Especially if a blood blister under your weak hand thumb nail is not a way of life you would like.

Me not shoot competitively, but think that opening up the magwell, polishing th feedramp, and the bolt lightening should be done with someone who has experience with the Benelli. Most of the other parts can be swapped in including the load gate. My 24" was flawless out of the box, so it gained the NC +6 extension tube, NC extended bolt handle and NC bolt release. I had a local machinist mill the bolt down and the next step is to replace the front bead sight and add a mid bead. After that I might have to do something with the load gate.

Edited by Sc0